The lost and the broken

(Depressed!Bullied! Lance x Lonely! Reader in a highschool au
(Y/n) = Your name
(H/c) = hair colour
(H/L) Hair length
(E/c) = Eye colour
(S/t) = skin tone

If you don't want to imagine yourself in it, pretend it's one of the Voltron cast instead.

Also reader swears a bit towards the end)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

There he lay; eyes lifeless, blood dripping down his battered face. He leaned his head back against the wall, eyes slowly drooping closed.

The last thing that passed through his mind before he backed out was (Y/n); His best friend. They were the only thing he held dear anymore, his light in the dark.

He had feelings for his friend. He kept these feelings down, hidden away from the light of day. How could anyone like someone broken like him? His pieces were scattered to far apart to be put back together, who knew how long it could take?

His eyes rolled back into his head, head lightly banging off the wall as his consciousness finally escaped him, and he was pulled into the black abyss, waiting to either be found or awaken on his own....

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

(Y/n) sat quietly on the balcony, music blasting into their ears as their feet dangled off the edge.

'She fell short, more and more. Thinking back to where she made the mistake again. Can't find it so, I'll roll on'

The words rolled off their tongue easily, since they had song the song so many times. They practically knew it off by heart. It was "Rolling girl",their favourite vocaloid song. It was their best friend, Lance, That introduced them to it actually.

Now that they thought about it, where was Lance?  He would usually meet them on the balcony every interval, but he was nowhere in sight.

(Y/n) stood up abruptly, their (H/L) hair lightly ruffling in the wind. They turned around and started walking off the balcony, being careful not to slip off the side of the small ledge she called a balcony. They walked off, heading down the couple flights of stairs to get to the bottom floor when suddenly, a thought popped into their head.

'what if...It's happened again!?'

Their footsteps sped up, going from a slow walk into a jog, then a full on sprint, desperate to find their friend before it was too late. If it wasn't already, that is.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

He felt someone roughly shaking him, screaming his name repeatedly, worry laced in their voice.

' -NCE!? - ANCE!?'

"LANCE!?"

His eyes opened slowly, looking up at the person screaming before him.

It was (Y/n).

"O-oh, (Y/n). Nice to see ya pal"

He said quietly, a small smile appearing on his shaking lips. That smile quickly disappeared when he looked at you're face, shock replacing it instead.

Tears streamed out if you're eyes, and sobs escaped you're lips as you slowly knelt down next to him and wrapped you're arms around his shoulders.

"H-hey, (Y/n)! What's wrong? Are you worried about me, cause I'm just fine, please tell me what's wrong!"

He said frantically, looking into your (e/c) eyes.

"No, you're not fine. You're hurt..."

You mumbled quietly, clinging back onto Lance.

"'I'm alright, don't worry about me'"

You repeated the words your friend had said mere seconds ago, hating the way they rolled off your tongue. You raised your normally quiet voice as you yelled at him.

"AREN'T YOU GETTING TIRED OF DOING THIS?! STOP ROLLING THROUGH LIFE, ACTING LIKE EVERYTHING IS OKAY, BECAUSE IT IS NOT! YOU'RE BLEEDING, YOU WERE UNCONSCIOUS, YOUR RIGHT EYE IS SWOLLEN AND BLACK AND ALL YOU CAN SAY IS 'I'M FINE' ?? WE BOTH KNOW THAT'S BULLSHIT LANCE, ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT! STOP PRETENDING THAT YOU'RE SOME HAPPY LITTLE PERSON WITH NO ISSUES, BECAUSE WE'RE BOTH FUCKED UP IN THE HEAD!!!"

You took deep breathes as your sobs became wild and out of control, as Lance looked at you shocked.

"So please..."

You whispered into his chest.

"Speak up about what's happening...
I can't lose you as well."