Rainy days

If there was one thing Lance missed the most, it was rain.

It was disliked by most people, usually calling it annoying or depressing. It ruined everything.

Like him.

The soft pitter patter as it hit the ground, the feeling of the ice cold water running down his face. It was comforting. It washed away all his negative emotions, leaving only pure joy. He always smiled when the rain came.

But the rain hasn't come, so he hasn't smiled.

He could imagine what it felt like. If he closed his eyes and focused, he could just feel the icey liquid settle on his hair, drip down his cheeks and onto his neck. The flash of lightning striking the ground, quickly followed by a loud bang! of thunder

He missed the ocean too. The feeling of the salty water surrounding his body, floating face upward and breathing in that magical scent. Swimmimg in the crystal clear shallows, keeping an eye out for any stray fish. The rainbow of corals dotted along the reef, decorated with shells, seaweed and the like.

He missed his surfboard, the wooden plank pressing against his tanned chest as he should through the water like a bullet. The rush of exhilaration as he jumped up to ride the oncoming wave, relishing in the lovely breeze blowing his hair this way and that. The sound of seagulls circling the beach, swooping down to nab any forgotten food. The uncomfortable rubbing of his trunks between his legs after wearing them for too long. The sand between his toes, slightly stabbing the skin on his foot.

He missed water.

As he sat in his makeshift storm, wearing nothing but a pair of shorts, the warm shower water cascading down his legs, he thought:

What if I never feel it again?

You will young paladin, you will.