petal for my love 2

(This chapter is freaking disgusting trust me)

.

.

.

.

"LANCE"

The rebel fighter rushed over to the presumably dead body, and grabbed Lance by the shoulders. His head rolled onto his shoulder, mouth hanging wide open showing all its contents. 

A pool of blood had formed in his mouth, dribbling out the corners. A huge, golden flower sat snug in his throat, right at the top. It was covered in red splatters and a few petals were missing from it, probably the ones in the toilet bowl. 

Matt gasped at the flower, the mere size of it was enough to make him cringe. He carefully put his hand inside the other boys mouth, grabbing one of the gigantic petals. Slowly, he started to pull the flower out, trying not to harm the boy any farther. When it finally came out, a little bit of blood bubbled up from his throat, adding to the red puddle already in his mouth.

Matt flung the flower to the side, and places two of his fingers on Lance's wrist to check for a pulse. He couldn't feel anything, but pressed a little harder....

He had found one

He lay Lance down on his back, and started to press into his chest with his 2 hands. He did this thirty times, but none had worked. He looked at the boys lips, deciding to use mouth to mouth to resuscitate him. Quickly, he tipped his head up, letting all the blood pour out onto the ground, then he lifted the boy's chin and pressed their mouths together, breathing in and out. He did this 3 times, then went back to chest compressions.

After around 2 minutes, Lance started coughing and spluttering furiously. Matt sat back, letting the boy empty his system of any remaining items. When Lance was able to push himself up onto his elbows, Matt launched himself onto Lance, hugging him tightly.

"M-Matt...?"

Lance asked quietly, looking at the other boy. Matt nodded into his chest, blinking away his tears.

"Oh my god, Lance...I thought you had died....I was so worried"

He cried, relief setting in as he realised that Lance was alive and (kinda) well.

"Why didn't...why didn't you tell anyone about you having hanahaki?"

He questioned slowly, guessing it was a sensitive subject for him. Lance sighed as he rested his chin on Matt's head, not having the strength to hold up his own head any longer.

"I didn't want anyone to find out cause I thought that they might tell Shiro or Keith, and I really didn't want to find out what Keith would do to me if he knew I liked him..."

Lance was scared. Scared that Keith would beat him up, call him disgusting, treat him like dirt. He just didnt want Keith to know.

"I promise you, I won't tell a soul. Cross my heart"

Matt mumbled, smiling slightly. Lance smiled as well, wrapping an arm around Matt.

"...shouldn't we clean up all this mess?"

Lance whispered, not wanting to ruin the moment.

"I'll do it once I help you back to your room"

~Time skip a month ahead brought to you by the fact that this reached 10k reads~

Ever since the "incident" Matt and Lance had grown considerably closer to each other than the other members. Whenever one was around, the other was sure to be in the same area, chatting away with each other.

Allura was glad that Lance was getting along with Matt, whilst Pidge was glad that her brother had a friend other than shiro.

Lance had also noticed that over the past month, he had been coughing up less and less flowers. He had no idea why, but he was glad that it was going away. But...

Why?

The more he thought about it, the more he realised that he hadn't thought about Keith in a long time. In fact, he hardly even remembered the feelings that he had for the former red paladin. Wait-

Did he even still have feelings for Keith?
.
.
.
.
.
(PART 3 COMING LATER TONIGHT GUYS GALS AND NON-BINARY PALS!

it's only 11:24 pm so it's guaranteed that I'll get bored later on and update this again. It's pretty long so it needs a part 3 to finish up the hanahaki series. Also my last chapter is my most votes one yet, 33 votes in total! So I'll see you all in a couple hours, until then!)

(ALSO THANKS FOR 10K I F*CKING LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH I SWEAR YOU ARE THE BEST READERS I COULD EVER ASK FOR!!!!)

(ALSO NEXT CHAPTER I'LL BE DOING A TAG THING CAUSE I GOT MY FIRST TAG YAS)