EXTRA

(Chaeyoung's POV)

"You did it, Chaeng," I whispered to myself while tapping the steering wheel of my car on the way to my clinic.

Finally, I've found the courage to come out from the closet after long years of hiding from its shadows. It doesn't matter if these are only baby steps or if I've revealed my unknown side to an unexpected person at an unplanned time. What's important is that I have unloaded some of the burdens that I have carried for a very long time.

I hope that my confrontation with Lisa this morning will yield a positive effect to both of us. I hope that it would be a good start for me to move on from Jen while Lisa would figure out how to fix herself to find out what she really wants.

That kid and I have extremely disliked each other for a very long time and it's funny because she was the first person to ever hear my coming out story. But I wanted her to realize my point... that she should not give up on Jennie.

Sana nga.

However, as much as I wanted to think about Jen and Lisa, my priority as of the moment is to get rid of the ultimate invader of my office who has been pestering me for the past months.

...

"Goodness gracious, Jisoo! What are you doing?!" I exclaimed as I entered my clinic.

"Oh, hi!" was all that she said then continued what she was doing.

Dali kong nilagay ang aking bag sa side table para puntahan siya. Nang makalapit, hindi ko alam kung matutumba ako dahil sa high blood o kaya naman ay hihilain ko siya sa labas dahil sobrang inis. Paano ba namang hindi magagalit sa batang to? Hindi niya lang iniinvade ang opisina ko, pinaglalaruan niya pa ang mga gamit dito sa loob!

"Why are you brushing the denture models?!"

"I got bored and curious on how it feels like brushing fake teeth so..." pacool niyang sabi sabay ngisi. Dahil doon ay lumitaw ang kulay orange niyang braces.

"Look, kid... this is not a playhouse okay? You can't just come here without prior notice, threaten me on the phone if I don't arrive as soon as possible, and play with pieces of stuff that you thought could please you."

Hinugasan niya ang hawak niyang modelo ng pustiso at pinatong ito sa lababo bago ako sagutin.

"Oh believe me. These things can't please me even for just a second," sagot niya at masiglang nagtungo sa leather couch para preskong maupo. Sinundan ko naman siya habang minamasahe ang noo ko para pakalmahin ang sarili ko.

"Jisoo please... stop messing around. And aren't you supposed to be in school?! It's Monday for heaven's sake!"

Hindi na naman niya ako pinansin. Sa halip ay hinayaan niya ang sarili niya na mahiga sa couch kung saan ay ginawa niyang unan ang dalawa niyang kamay.

"Just wake me up when Somi is already back. I asked her to buy us lunch. I'm starving as fvck. Nanayt, Dok Sungit."

"Akala ko magpapacleaning ka?"

Niyugyog ko siya pero hindi na nagising ang bata dahil patay na siya... I mean, tulog na tulog na kaagad.

"You're impossible!"

...

"Shookt" would be the millennial term that I would use to describe the way I feel about all the food that were laid in front of me right now. Paano ba namang hindi? Feeling yata ni Jisoo ay may fiesta dito sa clinic para magpabili sa siya nga sangkaterbang pagkain na pwede para sa sampung katao. Pero jusko naman, tatlo lang kami dito kasama ang secretary kong si Somi na inutusan niya kaninang bumili sa Tokyo Tokyo.