Chapter 33: Undying Sacrifice

We strayed through light and darkness, traveling past worlds. Going to an unknown place, in hope to find someone that has been lost for a very long time. Leaving everything behind that we knew, possibly to never return. All for the greater good of the future ahead of us all.

Riku stepped out of the gateway and onto a stone path. I looked around beside me to see that Hoshi and Kairi safely made it through. Aqua had given us her way finder, she said that it should lead us to the light of her friend, Terra...

It feels like ages have past since the last time I've seen him. I haven't seen him since that time when I was younger at Destiny Islands. I hope he's okay. He has been lost to darkness for a very long time. I can't believe that Aqua has sacrificed herself for both of her friends. But at the moment I knew that all of my friends were out there too, bringing back all those dear to us, and close to our hearts. And I know that we are strong enough to fend off the darkness.

I looked up at the tall looming building in front of us. It seemed to be made out of some type of white stone, parts of it were painted a pale yellow. I looked around to see the rest of the world, but everything was so bright out. The sunlight reflected off of the white stone, causing it to glare in my eyes.

"Come on, there's stairs leading up to the entrance. We better move before we're spotted." I said, pointing in front of us.

I looked back to see that the stairs led up to a door, seemingly unguarded.

Kairi started walking forwards. "We should be careful though, there may be Heartless around here."

I nodded to her and started following them. We all quickly went up to the door. I pulled on the handle and it opened. 

"Do you think they were expecting anyone?" I asked them.

Kairi shrugged.

"Maybe they thought that they were so well hidden they didn't even bother to lock anything." Hoshi guessed, she raised her hand up shrugging with her arms crossed.

"Or well guarded." Kairi added.

I held the door open for the both of them as we entered inside. Then I slowly shut the door behind us. I looked around at the walls and saw that there were so many windows. It was letting in the light making everything so bright. There was a long corridor in front of us with pillars lining the walls in between the windows. Everything was eerily quiet, not even any wind blew in through the open windows.

I took the lead. They followed me as we slowly made our way behind the pillars. Only our footsteps could slightly be heard echoing off of the marble floors. I motioned for them to get closer. I stood behind a pillar.

"We should try to stay out of sight. I have this weird feeling that we're being watched." I explained.

"I feel it too." Kairi agreed.

"Yeah, everything about this place is so strange." Hoshi replied.

We continued on. We got close to the end of the very long hallway, but then I could hear voices. People were talking from inside one of the rooms. We all quickly ducked behind one of the pillars. Kairi started to inch closer to the door. I began to feel nervous. I followed her, then I looked back at Hoshi. She was shaking her head and moving her arms back in forth for us to get away.

This is the reason we came here. We should try to listen in on what they're saying.

Kairi and I were sitting against the wall. Soon Hoshi came over and joined us. I peered around the corner to see that the door was wide open. There were so many windows in this room, from floor to ceiling. It was hard to see from the bright light until my eyes adjusted.