The Caves Of Truth

Jay's POV

As I entered my door, it creaked with impact. I gulped as it was pitch black inside, and wearily took slow steps deeper into the room. The big door slammed shut behind me which caused me to jump and fall over, hitting my head on the cold stone floor.

"Well, there's no going back now" I said to myself.

I slowly got up, rubbing my head, and continued further into the room.

Suddenly a blue light lit up the room, or should I say corridor. One by one, along the wall, blue lights lit up down the hall, illuminating the way forward. The blue corridor seemed to go on forever. I looked around at my surroundings, upon the wall hung pictures of my life. They varied from when I was a baby, to yesterday morning. But in no particular order.

One of them was of when I was a toddler, I was sitting on the ground in the junkyard, playing with a robot my father had made me.

Another one was of my first high school fight, well I say fight, but I actually mean beating. Although I did manage to land one punch on him, he layed a ton on me. It was between me and Morro. Suprise, suprise, he won.

The one next to it was of me and Nya, I had just picked her up bridal style and was spinning around. Nya looked to be squealing with delight. I remember that day, clear as anything.

The next one was of me as a ten year old, sitting around a fire with my parents, roasting marshmallows and creating s'mores. The look of laughter was paused on my face.

I smiled to myself, remembering every one of theses memories like they were yesterday.

I looked on the opposite wall, as I continued to walk down the hallway. The one that caught my eye was of me as a baby, wrapped up in a blue blanket, beeing carried by a masked figure. It looked to be feminine and she was paused, kissing my forehead head in front of my parents caravan. A note was tied around my neck and it read: Take care of him, his name is Jay, love him as if he's your own.

Wait...... Am..... Am I....... Adopted?

Tears sprang to my eyes at realisation that my entire life had been a lie, a lie.

I wiped my tears away and sprinted down the corridor. I ran for ages, well until I came to two massive wooden doors.

I slowly opened them to reveal a large blue room.

"Déjà vu" I whisper to myself.

I continued I to the room, taking baby steps. Looking around, I noticed that there was no decoration, not pictures, or personality, just a room painted head to toe in blue.

I was right in the center when the two doors slammed shut and a low buzzing sound filled the space. My body started to radiate with a blue glow as the buzzing increased.

I looked all around, trying to pinpoint the exact location of the noise, but it was no use, it seemed to come from everywhere, but at the same time, it came from nowhere.

A blue orb cracked with lightning in the far corner and started to shoot beams of lightning in all angles. Another blue orb appeared in the far corner and mimicked the first one. More orbs appeared, shooting lightning beams everywhere.

My breathing increased and so did the ratio of lightning beams. I looked down, my body was now fully radiating with a blue glow as beams of lightning shot passed my face, some even scratching it and leaving scars.

The buzzing noise was now unbearable. I looked up and followed one of the beams, I watched as it hit the far wall and b-lined it straight towards my heart. Frozen in fear I watched it zoom closer. And closer. And closer.