1 3

-----

~ Chapter Three ~

CONVERSATIONS WITH AN ANDROID

-----

Nya breathed out a deep breath once the door sealed itself between herself and her new head principle. Honestly, she hadn't realized Ignacia High would have sent over some statements about the two, and even less that Sensei Wu would read them out loud for them to hear. She was far from expectant of a grand speech praising her actions, but truth be told, the statement her prior head principle gave was probably the nicest thing he'd ever said about her.

Dangerous and destructive activities? Almost a compliment.

"Did he call us boring?" Kai asked as he ran a hand through his hair, his expertly crafted spikes springing right back to their original position after the fact.

Nya's gaze stiffened, "What?"

"Back in there," Kai began, jutting a thumb over his shoulder, "He said punctuality is the virtue of the bored or something?"

"No, quite the opposite," a voice interrupted whatever Nya was about to answer with. Both siblings redirected their gazes to the boy stood off to the side, a small smile twisting his lips upwards in an almost robotic fashion. His clothes were smart and well-tailored, consisting of a light blue button-down shirt, a woolen, sleeveless vest adorned with white metric patterns, tan chinos and to top off the aesthetic, a bowtie. "What Sensei Wu said meant that only the bored are on time as they have nothing else to distract them from being punctual."

Nya nodded slowly, her gaze shifting over to the girl stood next to the boy, "Right," She drawled, her eyes meeting with Kai's, "Thanks."

The boy's smile widened slightly, "I am Zane," He introduced himself, a hand coming up to wave in mechanic circle before dropping to his side, "This is Pixel." He continued gesturing to the girl with silvery hair and purple eyes. Nya almost had to do a double take – surly they were contacts? This new girl was also dressed in a smart fashion, her purple dress neatly pressed and clean without a wrinkle in sight.

Zane took a step forward, "Sensei Wu has arranged for us to be your guides for the first week or so of your school duration." His light blue eyes shot to Kai, "I am in most of your classes and as such will accompany you to your lessons. I do believe in time we can be friends if you'd want."

"Um... yeah, sure. Thank you." Kai nodded.

Pixel then took this opportunity to step forward with a smile. Her purple eyes latching onto Nya's, "Seeing as Zane and Kai are seniors, I have been instructed to look after you as we are both juniors, and our lessons are a close match as well." Her hand reached out to place on top of Nya's shoulder, "I too was a new student last year and understand how daunting it can be to meet new people, so I can introduce you to my friends at lunch time if you would like?."