1 2

-----

~ Chapter Two ~

SOCIAL POLITICS AND FIST FIGHTS

-----

"It was nice meeting you Jay!" Was all the young teenager could manage to say before she was whisked away into the empty hallways of New Ninjago High School. Her older brother kept a protective hand wrapped around her bicep, urging her onwards and past many green lockers lining the corridor.

Nya could understand his urgency, the desire to not impose a bad impression on their first day a gentle buzz in the back of her mind as well, however, in her mind, that didn't excuse his rude behavior. She was simply helping out a clearly miserable student in his time of need when no one else seemed to want to offer a hand. It irritated her, and she was no stranger to speaking her mind.

"Kai," Nya snapped, puling her arm from her brothers hold, "Stop dragging me, I am perfectly capable walking to the principal's office on my own," She insisted, stopping her footfalls to force the older sibling to turn and face her.

Kai did so in a huff, his arms crossing over his chest, "I know that." He claimed, his eyes trailing away from her face.

Nya raised a singular brow, "Then what's with the attempted kidnapping?"

Kai's eyes flicked back to his sister, "I just don't want to be late is all." He shrugged, arms falling to his side, "Mom and Dad put me in charge of you. That means-"

"I know, you feel responsible of me," Nya said, placing a hand on his shoulder in understanding, "But that's not an excuse to be rude."

Kai sighed, "I know" He breathed, "I just don't want to have to move again. Ever since we got kicked out of Ignacia High School, Mom and Dad have been on at me about being more mature and acting my age. I just don't want to disappoint them."

Nya smiled slightly, "You're not a disappointment Kai," Her smile turned into a sly grin, "Maybe a little rough around the edges and lacking in patience, not to mention hot-headed and being way too over protective-"

"You've made your point."

Nya grinned at her brother, "Good." She took a step towards him, "You're not a disappointment okay? I mean just look at us. Living alone in the biggest city in Ninjago. I couldn't have done that without you."

"Yeah because you're not 18 and can't live alone."

Nya scoffed, "You know what I mean. I think we're very mature."

"Well, I am at least."

Nya hummed "It's good to see your humor is still intact," She rolled her eyes, walking past her smirking brother, "Now, shall was get to that meeting?"