meow meow meow

(this is nothing to do with cats I'm just lost with what I should call this chapter also I want to apologise for this taking so long I'm lazy and I know it's not long and I'm sorry. There wan't be an update for a bit after either because I have friends coming round for my birthday tomorrow annnnnnd I'm back at school next week )

***Jessie’s POV***

I wake up to a glorious smell and a cold space next to me. I pulled on my dressing gown and felt the bone chilling cold wrap around my feet. the stairs screamed quietly below my feet, the whole atmosphere felt different, less empty this big empty house felt less lonely. I approach the kitchen and am welcomed by numerous baked goods, I could just feel a smile tug at my mouth, I switch off the rangehood light and walked into the lounge and saw an exhausted looking Lucy passed out on the couch.

"hmm Jess, I'm sorry for the kitchen. I was to clean it up and do something with all that rubbish I baked." Lucy's drowsy voice filled the air causing me to giggle. As I go to sit down she sits up giving me room on the couch. "Thanks, oh I've missed your craziness. I know it’s been 10 years since we last saw another but you're just the same." I leaned back on the couch and Lucy just took refuge on my shoulder. I sat there for about fifteen minutes, Lucy had fallen asleep and was grumbling about something, she sounded a little upset so I thought to wake her up softly. "Lu babe, you want to go get some breakfast?" I asked, slowly nudging her.   She sat up and looked at me "I'll get dressed." and with that slowly made her way upstairs. I laughed to myself and followed her actions, making my way up to my room to also get changed stopping on my way to get some kind of slice.

"okay any special requests of places to go?" I asked as we headed out the door.  "No, I haven't been to England for 10 years, I have no places to request."  Her voice shook a bit as the cold wind hit us, I could see she was a bit too thin for the walk, the breeze would just pass through her. "Well okay miss smarty pants, in the car I'll take us somewhere nice, warm and private." I unlocked the car as we approached my small car and opened the passengers door before walking round and getting in. "Ohh Jessie, what a gentlemen." Lucy said in mock surprisement. "Oi, I'm just used to driving my mum places, don't feel too special." I said backing out of the drive causing Lucy to gasp as if she was offended. we drove for about 15 minutes in a kind of comfortable silence before u thought maybe I should start some kind of conversation otherwise we were going to have a long drive. "So, how come you are so brilliant at using all my baking stuff and making delicious treats but are thin?" I  asked laughing. "You weren't going to use it, Jessica Cornish does not bake and I had an eating disorder for two years, I'm a bit better now but I'm always trying not to put too much weight on." she looked straight, though at one point she looked at me and smiled to say she was okay. It broke my heart to hear that the most inspiring thing that she smiles because she is alright. "You're a strong girl, lu." I said keeping my eyes on the road but smiling. "No Jessica, this does not become a thing alright. You have to promise that this will not become a thing. I really don't want you worrying about me." She. laughed out but I knew she was completely serious. "Okay, boast, if you can prove to me that this is no longer a thing, I won't ever bring it up." I said with full honesty. Lucy just let out a sigh, she didn't believe me. "But the more important issue here is why the hell aren't you a pastry chef?" I joked. Our conversation continued until we pulled up outside my parents. Lucy looked at me and a smile spread across her face. We both got out of the car and walked across the street, before we can make it up the path I grab Lucy’s arm and pulled her back towards me, confusion filled her face. "Prove ti my mother that you are eating enough and I won t bring it up, if she says anything to me, and she will if shes worried and you're going to have a proper conversation with me. Got it?" I spoke calmly, with a straight face. There was no laughter and Lucy just nodded.

***end Jessie’s POV***