Chapter 4: A Night That Supposed To Be Fun (Part 1/3)

"So the only reason, why you broke up with me . . . is because you were leaving!?" I lifted my head, asking her while leaning on a locker beside her, sitting.

"Well I didn't want you to get hurt," she looked right at me, said in a mellow tone. "so I decided to just take it that way."

"But you should've just told me!" I  reacted, "Cynthia . . . I can wait." as I then told her, "I know how to understand! . . . and most especially—"

"If I did go, I won't be coming back, Kadar." she shortly explained. I became wordless. "I'm sorry . . . okay?" her apologizing, so damn irresistible. "Luckily . . . my mom stayed,"

I looked away, and just allowed my head hardly meet against the locker that created this metallic sound. Disappointed.

". . . Please don't be mad," she begged, cheering me up. As she then went closer and softly touched my cheek with her finger. I frowned, dammit. I couldn't held the tears that streamed all over my face.

"Y-you know what—" I started talking with a different tone as I looked at her. Felt like all of the pins that got stuck in my heart, vanished. Brought me in shedding tears to my happiest relief. "ever since, that very, very stupid moment—" I continued, "I never understood why you remained here—" I pointed the left part of my chest, "but never had the chance to lengthen my existence with yours." I wholeheartedly said to her that created this silence between us while staring at each other's eyes. She after then wrapped me with her arms, tightly, that made me smile while crying, "God—" I continued talking, "can't believe we're so dramatic lately." I humorously said that widen her smile while embracing me.

—————————————————————————

The day finally ended and I guess I wasn't that unfortunate at all. I wanted to ask her to the party, but she declined, said that she must take some violin lessons by her own. Guess the only reason why she wanted to come was to make that conversation with me. I mean, man. Every single moment of desolation, miscommunication, and all the words she said on that day, was just for this.

I never felt so lucky having her.

We left the campus and just said to stay in touch. "Dude i'm on my way" a message I just sent to Louie while ridding a bus. Guess I'll be celebrating instead of seeking an escape from pain.

In the evening I arrived, at a bus stop two blocks away from Louie's house. Walked the hell out of it, back still hurts, crap. After a couple of minutes I then saw lights with random colours and a slight sound of music from outside. I kept walking, wasn't that much long before I got there.

"God it's loud in here." I complained within myself, walking the way towards the entrance. Unknown people everywhere. Dancing, drinking, getting crazy doing different kinds of shit in the pool. Some glimpsed as I passed by, all ignored. I then went in, living room.

"Dude! KADAR! MAH MANN!!" and there goes Louie. Changed clothes, been holding his red cup, looking so damn happy like always.

"Hey," I slightly smiled at him, allowed our hands meet. Just saw more unknowns. Talking, laughing, shitting. Except for the white blonde girl who complimented me earlier in the library, been kissing on the sofa with that muscular guy near the Disco Ball Lamp on the table.

Whore.

"I just received your text, I thought you weren't coming?" he asked, same emotion.