Chapter 28: Ripped Pages (Part 1/2)

Maybe, Elisha Veth never wanted me. Maybe it was just her sympathy keeping her attached to someone she didn't fell in love with, someone she knew how much of a mess that person's life is. That I'm a mess. I've always been the kind of a guy who takes relationships privately. I'm not even sure if we're even having one, but I know that I love her. And I cannot tell how much, conceivably countless or infinite. I'm starting to feel the old me, slowly. It's weird how someone alters for somebody, or maybe they don't. Maybe we just tend to sugarcoat for our love ones to accept us. And the change they observe is who we really are. Sometimes the person you love is meant not to love you back. Some shitty truth.

"So what do you want us to talk about?" I took a seat and began the talk with Boris right ahead, "do you really want me to sing? are you really that much of a milksop?"

"Is that how you address your former teacher after being admitted to the hospital?" he questioned back as an answer and defense.

"I'm sorry, I thought you're not dying anymore,"

"So what if I am?"

"Then I would probably treat you as fake as possible,"

"Waygrae, I know what you're going through. And I understand,"

"You don't know anything,"

"Nick," he calls for my attention.

"What do you want!?" in a very rude way I asked.

He became wordless as he looked at me straight in the eyes for the next five seconds, "I didn't tell you to come here and start an argument." I wasn't able to say anything when he said. "Before I start talking, maybe you want to say something first?"

"Why don't you tell me about your illness? huh? or maybe, why don't you tell me a fake excuse why you never told me about it."

"You're in no good position to be complaining with such matter, Waygrae."

"Of course. Of course I'm not. Well I am just one of your stubborn students you used to hit with papers you know are useless so you crumple them since fifth grade, with nothing to do with your longing of having a son-" I began the sarcasm that was caused by my anger, resulting me to start spilling the truth. "that, very much, affected your daughter." I nodded a couple of times, sarcastic still. "And that, I am just an ordinary undergraduate who's been really fine having no father around to support me, or at least someone I can talk to. And there's this girl. A girl, who just disappears all of a sudden, leaving me feel terrible and assume as if I accidentally without knowing made her depressed, and sad, and lonely, a-and, I don't know? scared? by own presence and arrival to her life. I'm the one who is completely messed up and barely falls in love with somebody. And now that I am? well, everything used to be fine, actually. But now it's a blur. Everything is a fucking mess!"

"Okay, Nick, enough." he calmly demanded me to shut up, I began catching my breath effortlessly. He deeply breathed, "Okay. Listen up kid. First of all, you're not the only one who feels pain here. You know I would never break the promise I made with your father. We were good friends and your father was a great man. I was told to instruct you with strict discipline, which I did, very much. You used to be afraid of me Waygrae, and you should always be. Just because you got off from being a junior and that I'm losing my career doesn't mean you can just spit at my face like that. Most of all? you were never given the right to judge my family, particularly my daughter. I don't know what's going on with that girl you're talking about, but you should fix it. You should be the one who tries harder to find a solution evenif she's at the other side of the world. Man up Waygrae. Sometimes you have to lessen the thought that she's your girl, instead, make her feel that you're her man. It's your call, it's your responsibility, and it's your relationship. Once again kid, don't you dare try insult my daughter Caesle again. My daughter will never have a problem with being a girl. I wou-"