Chapter 14: It's A Small World, Said The Hospital (Part 3/4)

"You also don't have to worry about the things which, you told me earlier, Kadar. I'm actually used with it. Except for the, negative equality, to others-part, cause' I'm not. And never will be."

Staring at her miserable makes me sick and I don't even know why. God, I can't believe I'm literally thinking about saying this, but, ". . . s-so, w-what is it, about . . . then?" I questioned. Maybe she just wants somebody to talk to. I do think this is what she meant about what she said earlier.

She smiled moderately, again. "What do you care anyway?" all of a sudden, she turned her head at me, as she said. Was just a second when she again went back down, "... you don't even want me as your friend." she sounded so hopeless. What's wrong with her!? and for a second, I even thought this wasn't about me!? "... Can I also ask, why, you wear . . . happy faces, now?"

"... w-what are you, what are you talking about?" I frowned. Couldn't believe what she just said, again. "I'm not happy at all, Veth."

"Well you are, Kadar. But just a little bit." what? ". . . I bet you and your girlfriend got back huh?" emotionless, perhaps . . . is the right word to describe her. But still, what the hell is she talking about!? "So, therefore, I conclude that . . . the meat's for her? Is she here? What happened to her then?"

"No she's not." I answered, finally had control with my mouth. "But if that's the case, I would've just requested to add poison in it so by the time she'll take a pinch, her death would be immediate. As fast as how you eat pizza." I said with sarcasm that brought her to slight laughter.

"... You're such, a cruel man, Waygrae." woo, she called me by my surname. She found it funny. "But hey, I eat pizza in a slow pace you know."

"Oh yeah?" I asked as she looked away, thinking. I'm just glad she ain't that sad anymore. It wasn't long before she went back and nodded. Quitly saying yes. " ... w-why is that then?" I continued with another.

"Because it's heaven, Kadar. Heaven." she answered that made me smile. "But anyway," she continued, "even though you wish like that, whoever she is, she's still lucky." she said that again brought me to wonder.

I, for the second time, frowned. "W-why do you say so?" I asked.

"I don't know." she shrugged, "Maybe, it's just that . . . most girls cry over boys. But it's quite rare, if you'll look at it the other way around. Cause', for me, when a boy cries over a girl . . . I do think they're meant for each other. Such a perfect pair, agree?" I don't even think this girl had ever been in a relationship.

"Well—" I interrupted, "... we obviously, didn't end . . . that well. So, theory ain't right, Veth."

Seconds, she stared at me with the same mediocre smile on her face. "It's a little bit, awkward . . . of you calling me with a name like that. It sounds kinda old. People don't usually call me that." she said in my silent surprise.

"S-so, w-what do you want me to call you then? Wait, your name's not Veth!?" I again kinda made her laugh at the last part.

"You're such, a joker, Kadar. God!" and there she described me again. I had never made someone this happy before, or perhaps . . . it's just her personality. Yeah. Right.

"What?" I asked what she's laughing about.

"Nothing - nothing." still smiling, tried controlling it. "Anyway," she continued, ". . . I think it would sound, a little better, if you will just call me . . . Twain? Or Eli. I don't know," she again shrugged, "you decide." as she gave me the privilege. She became blooming ever since she started smiling.