Chapter 9: The Living Female Humorous Freak (Part 2/3)

"S-so you mean . . . you've never, ever, tried, borrowing a book ... within the year!?" she's trying to make it utterly clear of what she heard from me, same smile.

". . . Yes." I said and blinked, still wearing the same smile as well. Proving that I'm telling the truth. She then continued her little laugh, looking away. I kept gaping at her. I don't know but . . . all of a sudden, my personality changed. And for a second, I even forgot my problems.

"and you even find it hard to understand." she continued being joyous but it kinda sounded like as if she made fun of me. Just broke the moment, returned to the old me. I just fake smiled, no teeth—perhaps she's just happy, that's all.

"Err, yeah. Anyway—" I tried changing the topic, saving the started talk. She then looked at me, still smiling, listening. "about earlier. Errr . . . w-what did you mean, about . . . your choice?" I asked her.

She's still staring at me, "Y-you mean, the part ... why I keep smiling?" she asked before answering.

". . . Yes." I answered, exactly.

". . . do you think it's weird?" she asked with her innocence, slight smile.

"w-wha?—n-no, no." I denied at once. "W-well . . . a little bit. But it's okay, it's a good thing." I elaborated in continuation.

Still wears her positive emotion, she then looked away down at the table. ". . . just because I smile, doesn't mean I have no problems." she said, soothing tone.

". . . then why did you, chose, to smile like that? rather than, frown and be sad . . . facing it all?" I questioned.

"I don't know." she shrugged and looked at me, "Sometimes people just do so." she repeated her line, stared at me. She blooms with her happiness, but now I can see that she's also heavily carrying something through the way she forms her eyebrows. She lifted her head back at the table, "I'm really sorry—" she suddenly said it that took me in wonder.

"For what?"

"For being like this." she answered, "Weird, friendless . . . could barely be understood."

"Don't be." I convinced, she then again looked at me.

"W-why are you refusing my apology?" she asked, eyes down at her book. Now started playing with her thumb fingers.

"Cause' I don't need it. You should take it back." I answered, ". . . no one deserves an apology, from someone being himself. Including me." I continued as she glimpsed and went black playing, smile slowly widening. I think she's shy. Seconds Later, "Perhaps . . . I should be the one, who needs to ask an apology." I said.

She lifted her eyes at me, ". . . f-for, for what?" she questioned, wondering.

We stared at each other within the moment, silence in between. ". . . I bumped you." I answered.

Her eyes got widen, a little smile on her face. "Noooo, waayyyy—" she just couldn't believe it.

"Yes way." I said as she then suddenly laughed so loud in my shock—eyes closed, mouth opened, kept hitting the table with her palm. "w-wha—" wasn't long before I tried talking, "w-what are you, what are you laughing about!?" I questioned, fake smiling. What the hell just happened to her?

She continued laughing as she again turned her head at me, still has that annoying face. ". . . it didn't hurt. AHAHAHAHAHA!!" her answer made my emotion opposite. I'm not even sure if it's insulting or simply annoying. Perhaps, both.