Chapter 6: A Night That Supposed To Be Fun (Part 3/3)

I tapped reply as I started typing while continuously walking, "Hell I am :) <3, so how are you doin with your f" wasn't finished when an upcoming call appeared, it's from her. I then hit the green symbol and placed my phone on my right ear as I gently pushed the door, "H-hello? KD is that you?" her voice—damn, it's soothes me every single time.

I got in, few people. Golden lights filling the place. "Hey there beautiful." I said on the phone, smiling. I then lined up, two men.

"H-hey ..." I kinda don't understand how her tone changed all of a sudden. "Anyway, Cade—" she continued, "you're not in Starbucks now, are you?" her asking. Is she worried or something?

"W-well, I just got here." I answered, "why? wanna come?" one man left and I'm up.

"Y-you mean, the one near Louie's?" she asked, again. How'd she know where he lives?

I can really see how she talks so strange, "N-nnn, yeah." I lied. "Quite good in here."

"O-oh." she relieved, I can sense that she's hiding something.

"You know what—" I started talking after the silence between, "if you were here, I would probably just pull and hug you to my satisfaction." I said, heard her grin.

"What made you say that?" she asked. Damn, I love flirting with her.

"W-well, I don't know?" I shrugged, "perhaps, maybe, I'm just happy having the most stunning girl on earth?" I flattered, same reaction from her. How is that even possible? The old man in front finally left.

"Hello." greeted by the guy taking orders, smiling—at least someone's having a good day.

Cynthia kept on talking, "Hey - hey uhm . . . wait up. I'll just, grab something." I asked permission on the phone as she then approved. "Errr—" I looked up for options, "one, caramel macchiato . . . please." I ordered, gotta love cream. I then took some coins in my pocket, gave him five bucks—tax.

"Err hello?" I continued talking with her, "babe you still there?" darn, she hanged up.

The guy then lent me coins, "Change." still smiling. I don't get why people get to be happy while I'm not. I then received, "Just wait here." he said with kindness, pointing at the area with full hand where I'll get my drink soon. I moved afterwards, not a word said—digging at my contacts to again reach her out. Felt people at my back, guess they lined up as well.

I then hit the call icon while waiting, she picked up. "H-hello?" I'm sure it's her.

"Hello? Babe? . . . what happened?" I asked in serious wonder.

"O-oh, nothing - nothing (can't you wait!?)" I just heard extra words from her response.

"I-is there, is someone with you there?" I again questioned her.

"Oh, n-no - no." her denying, "i-it's just my, m-my ... uncle. (stop it!)" and there it goes again.

"Here's your caramel macchiato sir." a smile from the girl serving—guess she's an assistant or something.

"Thanks." I showed appreciation as I then took the beverage by hand—still discussing with Cynthia.

"Y-yy ... yeah. Just my uncle," she said, I don't get why she somehow sounded like she ain't even sure. "A-anyway—" she's moving to another topic, "are you really in Starbucks right now?" she asked, concerned.

"Y-yeah." I approved, started walking, "C-Cynthia—" wanting to tell her something, "why do you keep on asking? where are you now anyway?" I questioned, still wondered with confusion.