Chapter 31: The New Me (Part 2/3)

There's just no such thing as the ability of making oneself happy. You will always need someone to remind you how it feels like. If you think you can, it's either you're good in pretending, or you're just a little less sad than the days you were. If you're naturally happy, how lucky you are to actually feel something without the need of somebody, unlike everybody else.

"Excuse me," someone called out from behind. It sounded like a girl, I just couldn't tell if she was a little one or an adolescent from the way she spoke, but her voice seemed familiar. I kept the same posture and didn't mind her. I was sure it wasn't Veth. "Excuse me are you alright?" she asked from a distance.

"Go away," I told as calm as I could before I might lose my temper and get someone involved.

"Excuse me sir, are you in pain?"

"I said go away,"

"But you seem to be hurt," she said.

"I am,"

"Are you wounded? do you have a place to stay?"

Then suddenly, "Clarissa!" another girl who sounded similar to her but a bit older called somebody out by a female name that made me look from behind, but somehow, I knew and believed that I had heard that name before, I just couldn't recall. The first girl was indeed little, blonde hair with a white dress and a bicycle. Then the other one came after screaming her name, she too had a bicycle which was slightly bigger than the other one, she stopped near her. They both actually looked alike, especially their hair, just except the height and the face, the older one was taller and wore a sky blue dress, but they didn't seemed like they came from an occasion at all. They were sisters, I concluded. And both were white and captivating from such distance. But somehow I recognized the little one, seeing her brought me to a sudden and strange nervousness I knew I hadn't felt before, I couldn't get my eyes off of them. "What do you think you're doing!?" the one who just arrived said, "I told you to wait for me! Mom's gonna freak out when she finds out about this. You could've gotten yourself killed!"

"I know! I'm sorry," her younger sister replied, "I thought you were behind me. I couldn't go back, it was too scary. I had to keep moving. And then I saw that guy over there at the bench all alone,"

"What!?" the older one reacted, "you don't even know who that person is,"

"It doesn't matter," the little one told, "he's hurt. He seems to be in so much pain," I looked away.

They were quiet for a moment, "W-well then, maybe we should just call somebody when we get home," said the older one. "for now we should-" I stood and walked away from them, I didn't want to bother anybody.

I don't get why people like sleeping on rainy days, because I don't. I think a bit of a rain gives more oxygen for hearts to breathe. Sorrow can be a pleasure sometimes, but no one would ever choose to be sad. The truth hurts, but I just feel like everything's a lie, maybe it is.

It was dark, helplessly cold. I walked all the way home and saw a girl in front of the door as I least expected when I stood at the sidewalk facing the house, it was Elisha Veth. I actually didn't feel anything. She became a stranger to me, and she was, on that moment.

"What do you want," I questioned behind her with the same position and distance. She turned right after I asked.

She was slightly surprised. "Kadar,"

I waited for her continuation that created the silence in between. "Elisha," I mentioned her name less emotionally as if I wasn't in pain, as if nothing happened. "what do you want?"

"I err," she could barely speak, subsequently took a short period of time thinking what to say next. She took a breath, "I want my notebook back."

Again, I waited. "Is there anything else other than that?"