Chapter 32: The New Me (Part 3/3)

"At what point did I even had the nerve to lie to you Veth?" I questioned her a bit emotionally.

She stared at me for a short moment as I was doing the same thing toward her, "Don't go dramatic, it wasn't that much."

"Then what was it?" I asked again.

"You lied to her at the hospital, Nick." Caesle began talking, "About me, when my dad was unconscious, when you said to her that I'm your cousin, which I'm, definitely not." I couldn't say a single word after Caesle said it, which all was true, I remembered.

"So what," I finally said something, "am I supposed to say sorry for that? I don't know even know how you guys met, why should I even talk to you both?"

"I saw you once talking with Caesle at the playground." Elisha. I became a bit mad when she said.

"And what?", I replied, "are you jealous of that? is that why you replaced me with that stupid idiotic guy of yours? huh?"

I got emotional even more. "Gil isn't stupid, nor an idiot, Nick." she said, "He's just my friend, you can't take that kind of freedom away from me. But Nick, you lied. So I deserve to have a word with you,"

"Oh so you would defend him now huh," I said, "against me. And I'm the one who have problems I should fix by myself. That I'm wrong. That I should be the one who should say sorry for everything that's happening. And that-"

"Okay, enough." Caesle held both of us, "Nick, stop it." then she scolded me. "How Elisha and I met doesn't matter. Or who should say sorry or who started this or whatever. It doesn't matter. The only reason, why we came here, is for you both to talk in a proper way." she said.

"Pssh," I uttered.

Caesle immediately continued, "So you guys should, you know?" she shrugged, "go to some, romantic place or wherever, and start fixing things up. Like the playground,"

So I agreed, barely, after a million dis-approbations from me. "Ugh, God. Whatever." I began walking toward the place she mentioned and left both of them behind. When I got there, ever since I went out from the house, I just couldn't help but to frown due to the dazzling radiance of the sun at such time in the afternoon. Second reason is that I was just simply annoyed and irritated because of the disturbance they caused me which was nothing but a total waste of time.

I sat at the bench located close to the boarder of the playground and the road near the bus stop sign facing the street as I then crossed both of my arms and placed the sole of my right foot shoe against the side edge of the road which was barely half the bench's height, waiting for her and to get things over with. I settled for minutes with the same disturbed facial expression assuming she wasn't there, "So I'm a completely different person in your sight now huh," a girl suddenly said something beside me, I shortly looked at the direction where she was, and it was her, seated next to the other boundary of the bench I was sitting. She said it as if she was one of my grade school classmates saying her demure greetings after countless years of not seeing one another, looking down at the ground beneath.

I took a deep breath, "Of course not." it was a bit sarcastic when I said it, but was obviously disappointed and minimally mad, sounded in a way that I had been wanting to forgive and just end the muddling thing between. "You will always be, the same old Elisha Veth I know. That will never change, I hope."

I felt her dainty grin, "And you too, will always be, the same old cranky yet funny Nick Waygrae I had known." she said a joke that didn't even touch a single cell of my body. But then, suddenly. "You know what, I could still remember the very first time that we met." I knew where she was going, but I didn't had a choice but to let myself get into it. I hated it and I didn't want it to sustain. "You know, at the library, I mean, it wasn't really the first time I saw you, but-"