Chapter 19: The Art of Getting To Know More With Each Other (Part 2/3)

". . . Then what is it?" I asked back. Copied his state of being completely emotionless with the soft voice tone.

". . . I don't know." he again answered for the second time with the same everything.

Someone then served the pizza and drinks that saved me from hardly thinking of what to say or ask next in continuation. He kept his indescribable stare on me, not minding the female worker in a uniform presentable enough for serving costumers. Still can't read his emotion, his probably thinking of something. "Thanks." I voluntarily showed appreciation to her with my common smile, looked up.

"You're welcome." she replied with her beautiful smile as she went back to where she was assigned.

I went back. Turned my head at Kadar and it seemed that I couldn't tell whether his doubting something about me, or simply sleeping with eyes open. ". . . have you ever been in love?" he suddenly asked that surprised me within. Yet he still has the same blank emotion, which now I think is negative.

"Why'd you ask?" I questioned back in response to his curiosity as I took a slice and began eating.

"I don't know." why does he always have to answer the same thing?, "Just answer it." he then confidently demanded.

". . .Yes." I told the truth, chewing. God, it tastes so good.

"Who is he?"

"Earl."

"Earl who?"

"Earl. Earl Martin Hurst."

"Y-you mean, the guy in the book?"

"Yeah."

"So you're in love with a person that doesn't even exist." he's doing the question in confirmation to his conclusion thing again. Maybe I should just call it as the QCC.

"Well he does, for me." I said to him. But then he half smiled at me, seemed that he found it stupid. "How about you?" just thought of it.

"Why'd you ask?" he just copied me.

"I don't know." did the same thing.

"Damn. Stop copying me." he complained.

"Just answer it." I demanded just like he did.

"No." he refused.

"You're unfair." I described him.

"Who took a slice first?" he's referring to me.

"Why don't you join me?" I invited him.

"Ain't hungry yet."

"You better make a move before it's too late." I warned.

"Help yourself." he insisted.

I got tired with the flow, so I gave up. "So—" just started a new one, took another slice. ". . . what do you wanna talk about?"

"Isn't that the exact thing that I should be asking you?" he returned the question and just told me to answer it.

"Well I think you should talk about the time when you were still in love." I win.

"You're not much of a hardheaded person, are you?" he said that made me smile big. "Well I suggest that you should talk about what you were doing in the hospital."

"Why do you wanna know?" I asked before giving the answer.

"Cause' you took my identification card." he said.

"Well you should be thankful I was there." I said, "Or else you'll be needing to spend, not just the beginning of your summer, but half of it finding a way to make another one."