chapter twenty six

friday morning was crazy the twins were so excited sebastian had a job getting them ready for school he was also nervous when sean phoned rachel to wish her happy birthday that he might say something he shouldn't. sebastian couldnt stop smiling while he himself spoke to her on the phone especially as the twins were beaming at him as he spoke to her.

finally after dropping the kids off at school sebastian had to make an important stop on his way to work he bad to get a coffee but due to his excitement and nerves he ordered decaf.

now he sat at his desk innhia office on the twenty sixth floor tapping his finger on his desk unable to sit still. his first client had cancelled their appointment so he tried to do some paper work but his mind wasnt in it.

then at around ten o'clock his office door opened and in came thad who worked for the same firm thad brought him a coffee and looked at him strangely.

" thanks" sebastian said taking his coffee.

" ok smythe what is it you were whistling all the way in the elevator this morning something is going on" thad said

" today is rachel's birthday " sebastian said

" oh really so im guessing you have something romantic planned are you taking her away for the weekend is that it" thad asked.

" no im going to ask her to marry me" sebastian said thad looked at him before smiling.

" thats amazing im so happy for you bet the twins will be happy" thad said

" thnk you and the twins know they are going to help me ask her' sebastian said

" come here" thad said and they bro hugged.

" are you nervous" thad asked

" yeah but mainly excited just hope she says yes" sebastian said

" she will i have no doubt " thad said

" thank you " sebastian said

at lunchtime sebastian decided to ring rachel to see if she was having a nice birthday so far kurt and blaine were calling rpund her place that morning.

he sat back in his chair as he waited for her to answer the phone he wondered if she had any idea what he was planning.

rach: hello

seb: hello birthday girl just thought i would see if you were having a good birthday so far

rach: its been nice kurt has bought bme a gorgeous cream sweater blaine has bought me a record of the original recording of a chorus line on broadway though its tonight im most looking forward to.

seb: niether can i im sat here wishing i had booked today off just think we could have been in bed right now

rach: your making me all flustered ( giggling)

seb: then again i could rearrange this afternoons meeting

rach: it is rather lonrly been here all by myself on my birthday

seb: well we cant have that can we see you shortly...oh do you have any of that squirty cream

rach : honestly seb... yes

seb: i thunk this might be the best birthday you have ever had see you soon babe

rach: bye

sebastian sorted out the meeting and headed out of his office just as he was waiting for the elevator thad caught up with him.

" so im guessing rach is due a present then" thad said

" oh yes " sebastian said as the elevator doors opened.

the journey to rachel's seemed to take ages but finally he reached her door he went to knock as the door opened and santana was stood there looking at him suspiciously.

" hello meerkat " she said smiling

" santana " he said

" dont worry im leaving i just called by to give her my present she seemed to want me to leave now i know why but then again whats a birthday with a good bedroom workout... bye rach oh and you have a special delivery " santana said before walking out of the apartment.

sebastian walked inside to find rachel in the kitchen though she stopped what she was doing and walked over to him and they kissed.

" happy birthday" he said holding her to him.

" it is now" rachel said

" and its about to get a whole lot better" sebastian said picking her up bridal style and carrying her to her bedroom.