To Diagon Alley!

Last time: Danny nodded and looked at the wall. But there was no wall now, but an archway craved with intricate details of dragons. Danny's jaw dropped. He was loaded out the ears. There was money of all kinds stacked everywhere, as well as books, paintings, sculptures, weapons, armour and more. The room was massive. "Impressed?" Ragnock asked.

"Very." Danny breathed.

"Welcome to Vault 394."

And now:
---

Danny walked the cobbled paths of Diagon Alley, peering into shops that caught his fancy. Behind him was his mother pushing a trolley of things for school. Danny insisted he get the trunk that magically had bedrooms in it. "What if the boys in the same room as me snore?" He'd protested when his mother asked the point of it.

"Why three rooms and a kitchen?" She'd asked.

"Can never be too prepared." The shopkeeper had offered. And eventually Danny had worn her down. Minerva had suggested he get the best potions equipment possible to minimise mistakes, since the potions teacher wasn't very forgiving to mistakes. Danny got a few extra books, mostly astrology, which he was delighted to find they teach in older years at school. He'd hated the robes shop, standing still had never been his strong point. He'd wanted a broom, delighted by the idea of flight, that wasn't considered unnatural to those around him, but found first years weren't allowed to have their own broom. So he put it on his wish list. They stopped at the pet store and Minerva explained he could get a cat a toad or an owl if his mother permitted it.

"Can I mum? Please? Owls send letters right? I can send you guys letters like... Every week!" Danny pleaded.

"Oh, alright, it's not like I'm the one paying for it." She said fondly. Danny whooped and went to run inside only to be smacked down after running into a very large very familiar man. It was the man from the bank.

"Oop. Sorry 'bout tha'." The man said effortlessly picking Danny up and setting him on his feet.

"My fault. Wasn't looking where I was going." Danny said cheerfully slipping past him, noting the man had a pretty white owl with black specks on it. Inside the pet store there were all kinds of creatures, he peered into a cage that had a three eyed toad with curiousity.

"Can I help you young man?" The keeper asked.

"I'm looking for an owl." Danny said.

"Came to the right place. We have plenty of owls. This way young sir." He said. Leading Danny around to the bird cages. Danny peered from cage to cage each owl as cool as the next but none striking Danny with the urge to take it home. Until he spotted a pure white owl with large green eyes. It tilted it's head when it saw him.

"Seems that one might like you." The keeper said.

"How can you tell?" Danny asked.

"You're the first one he hasn't tried to claw through the bars." The keeper chuckled.

Danny looked at the bird. "So you like me?" He asked. "I like you. You're a very handsome owl." The bird made a small chattering noise, puffing up it's feathers with pride.

"Owls are smart you know, understand exactly what we say. I bet you said just the right thing. Best way to tell is you stick your arm in. If he doesn't attack you then he definitely likes you. If he does, well I'll knock 30% off the price of what ever owl you do choose." The keeper offered. Danny opened the door and put his arm in the cage, the owl looked at his hand and then nibbled at it affectionately. Danny laughed and reached further to pet the creature, who hooted and chatted in bliss. "He really likes you, never see the bird so gentle, it's down right spooky."