Animagi, Christmas and Giant Dogs.

Last Time: Dina poured the potion into some vials and Dale put down his comic and handed out some pins he'd 'borrowed' from transfiguration. With Momo snuffling about in the little fort Hannah had made, Myrtle watching over him, the quartet gathered into a circle and took a vial and pin.

"Who's first?" Dale asked nervously.

And Now:
---

"Dina made it I think effort entails that she go first." Danny decided. Dina needed no further prompting. Excitedly the fourth year pricked her finger and droped a bit of blood in her vial, the potion turning as clear as water. Danny whistled impressed. It was a perfectly brewed potion.

She smiled nervously and then drank her portion of the potion. There was silence and after a few minutes her eyes widened. "I'm a cat, a pretty white Siamese." She cooed. "And a kitten too because it matches our ages. Oh I'm so cute."

"Me next!" Dale cried pricking his finger and following in Dina's footsteps. Again it took a while before he grinned. "You totally called it Danny."

"I did? Oh my clockwork... You're a squirrel?"

"Yup." Dale said proudly.

"Awe how cute. A little baby squirrel." Hanna giggled Dale emphasising that he was a young squirrel not a baby one. "Do you mind if I go next Danny?"

"Not at all, Ladies first."

'"Hey!" Dale cried indignantly.

Hannah took longer than both Dale and Dina but eventually she squealed. "I'm an owl! I'm a reddish barn owl." She was so happy.

Danny was last and he waited patiently and then images of bright blue eyes surrounded by fluffy black and white fur appeared before him, the creature bounding backwards to reveal a bouncing husky puppy, with one floppy ear too. "Oh... I'm adorable..." He breathed.

"I could have told you that." Myrtle murmured making Dale choke on air. Danny decided to graciously pretend he hadn't heard that.

"I'm a husky." He made ears on his head with his hand and bent his left hand over. "With a floppy ear."

"That's so cute I wonder if we can tur-Oh we're gonna be late!" Dina cried. The friends scrambled to get to class, Myrtle saying she'd watch Momo.
- - -

Christmas came and Danny was a bit upset to spend it away from his family but then he remembered the arguments that happened every year and got over it. Jazz had remembered and sent him a bunch of astronomy themed things to personalise Danny's bed with as well as some socks. Tucker had sent some bunny slippers and Sam sent a mug that read 'I'll wake up when I'm dead'. Danny grinned shook his head. He also found that Ron's mother had sent him a present, which surprised him. It was a yellow knitted jumper with a D embroidered​ on it. He fearlessly wore it and his bunny slippers the entire day. Hanna had gotten him a wheel for Momo's cage the hedgehog was slowly getting more and more spoiled. Danny found sometimes the hedgehog started to resemble the pincushion he'd come from but a simple re-do of the spell fixed that. Dina got him a bunch of the every flavour beans, she was very fond of the game that was growing quickly in popularity, Bean Roulette.

Dale got Danny his own pair of binoculars for watching Quiddich. Danny had of course gotten everyone gifts respectively as well and he sent a thank you letter to Ron's mother as well as a letter home. During the Christmas lunch feast Danny watched Dale make a pig of himself while he just laughed. Minerva stopped by the table and thanked him for the gift of the book she'd borrowed, which he'd wrapped and sent back. She handed him a small wrapped box and curiously Danny opened it to find a little plaque that read 'Momo- 1st year Transfiguration Mascot.' He grinned.