Devils Snuggle...

Last Time: "I can't see anything..." Harry sighed. There was silence as they tried to see was was waiting for them down below. Danny frowned.

"Did it get quieter in here?" He asked softly. The room was devoid of of the harps gentle tune.

And Now:
---

Ron flinched as something dropped onto his shoulder and his hand flew up to meet it, only to find it was drool. "Ew!" Ron cried. Then realisation dawned and they all looked up. Ron screamed, the dog growled, Danny smacked the dog on the middle nose. "No, bad Fluffy!" He said behind him motioning for the trio to get into the trap door. The dog whined and growled at him.

"Don't you dare growl at me." Danny snapped, his eyes flashing green. The dog whined more and then sat down. "Good boy, who's a good boy?" He cooed, the dogs tail thumping happily as Danny scratched under the left and middle chin.

"Danny!" Came a strangled cry from down below.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Danny grumbled. "Be a good puppy." He said petting the dog one last time before turning to the trap door. "Down the hatch."

"No do-"

"Geranimo!" Danny leapt in and landed in something that squirmed and quickly wrapped around him. "Argh what the heck?!"

"It's Devils Snare! It squeezes tighter the more you struggle." Hermione warned. Danny tried not to squirm but when a very cold tendril wound under his shirt he was hard pressed not to scream and thrash.

"Bad touch, bad touch, bad touch!!!" He cried trying to shift away from the creeping vines.

"You need to relax!" Hermione called from somewhere down below them. A vine brushed against his back and Danny shivered.

"Easy for you to say it's not strangling you!" Ron cried.

"Just do it!" Harry cried also now below them. Danny stayed as still as he could, Ron wasn't listening. He was whining and wriggling.

"For clockwork's sake Ron! Listen to Hermione." Danny hissed. Ron whimpered but stopped wriggling, slowly but surely the plant let him go. But they didn't let Danny go. At this point Danny was lying deathly still and the tendrils were still wrapping around him.

"Danny relax!" Hermione cried.

"I am relaxed, if I was anymore relaxed I'd be dead!! It's not working." Danny replied. He yelped as a tendril wound around his face.

"I don't understand. Devil Snare hates warmth, if you are still long enough it should let go." Hermione said. "It's not trying to kill you?"

"No." Was Danny's muffled reply. "More like some kind of creepy hug."

"Danny is freakishly cold. Maybe it likes him." Harry offered. Danny wanted to argue about being freakish in anyway then he remembered he was the half ghost with an ice core, Animagi son of a criminal wizard and was currently being subject to a very unwanted hug from a supposedly deadly plant that happened to like cold things. So he decided to remain silent.

"First the rabid three headed dog now the devil's snare?" Ron snorted.

"ARGH!" Danny screeched.

"Danny?!" Harry called.

"I'm okay, but these vines are creeping all over, please help." Danny whined. "Bad touch!! Get outta my pants leg!" Hermione snapped her fingers and muttered a spell, a flash of light and heat and Danny fell with a yelp as the creepy plant retreated. Ron was trying and failing not to laugh and Harry, despite the possible dire situation was laughing without even trying to cover it up. Wonderful friends they were. Danny stood up, shook his head and shivered. "Creepy!" He hissed.