Too Late for Second Chances (Part 1)

Once we got to her house, I picked Christian up,set him in the bathtub and turned the shower on. He groaned and tried to get up, but ended up falling in the tub. Just then, Dimitri walked in and motioned for me to come with him. I was about to protest, but Lissa interrupted me.

"Go. Work things out. I've got him. He's my husband." She said. I bit my lip and glanced at Dimitri, then back at Lissa. She gave me a look that told me that she really wanted me to go. I sighed and exited the bathroom. Dimitri led me down the hallway to his room. Sitting on the bed, he motioned me to sit next to him.

"I'm good right here, thanks anyway." I said. I watched him cringe and I knew exactly why. My words reminded both of us of our time in Russia.

"Rose..." He began. "I know I was a jerk to you when I came back-"

"Yeah, I'm sure you had enough time to reflect since it's been three weeks." I interrupted him. He stared at me for a second. I couldn't head his dark eyes, but I had a pretty good clue what was going on in his head.

"But I want to make it up to you. I know you won't leave Adrian but I want to be your best friend. I want to be your mentor again. I just want to be a part of your life, no matter who I am to you." He said.

"What are you asking me, Dimitri?" I asked him.

"I'm asking you, begging you, for a second chance." He said. His eyes were pleading as he stared at me. My mind was spinning with thoughts. I wanted so badly to take him in my arms and make all the problems between us go away. But that's not how life works. I can't forgive him for the things he's said and done to me in the past three weeks.

"It's too late for that comrade. I'm all out of second chances." I said, turning on my heel and walking out the door. I hadn't been paying attention as I rounded the corner, so I wasn't surprised when I slammed into Adrian, who had been walking out of the spare bedroom.

"Hey Little Dhampire, what's going on?" He asked me. I felt the tears well in my eyes and I broke down. Letting them fall, I lay my head on Adrian's chest and let out all the feelings I had kept trapped inside of me for the past month. Sobbing, I felt myself being lifted bridal style as Adrian picked me up and set me down on the bed.

"What happened?" He asked me. I explained everything to him and by the time I was done, he was livid.

"How dare he hurt you and think he can get away with it?" He yelled. I shushed him.

"He didn't hurt me, not physically at least." I said.

Hey guys, sorry for the short chapter. I needed to get the ball rolling again.

~Alex