Chapter 17

I awoke the next morning by the sun shining through my bedroom window. I smiled and tried to bury myself in my blankets.

I looked to my left to see Chase sleeping peacefully. I slowly got up trying my best not to wake him.

Once I got out of bed I tiptoed to my closet. I slowly opened the door and stepped in closing it behind me. I flipped on the light switch.

As the light flickered on I saw rows and rows of dresses and shoes. "Oh my gosh!" I cried out in a whisper.

I slowly walked through the closet. My eyes finally landed on a gorgeous dress.

I stared at the dress in awe. The sliver lining of the riffles and then the red velvet color of the full dress.

There were sliver lines going in circles around the Hem of the dress. I needed this dress I just needed it.

I slowly took it off the hanger and slipped it on. After slipping it on I walked down my closet in the search of shoes.

After what seems like forever I finally spotted the perfect shoes. The shoes were the sliver color as the dress. With a tiny specks of red on them.

I smiled in delight and slipped on the shoes. I turned to go back the way I came. I walked again back to my bedroom.

I finally reached it when I heard a loud shrieking. I hurried out of my closet. I looked around to see Chase still peacefully sleeping.

I looked closely there was nothing there. "I thought-"

I was cut off by another shriek. I glanced behind me. Nothing was there. I closed my closet door.

Chase didn't flinch at the shriek. It's like I was the only person who heard it.

"You must help us," a light voice called out.

"Who's there?" I try to call out in confidence.

"Oh don't be frightened. It's just me," the voice said again. I looked around. Finally my eyes landed on the window sill.

I saw a gorgeous bright blue bird. "Who are you? Are you the bird I'm talking to?"

"I'm sorry I should have told you my name sooner. My name is MacKenzie. To answer your last question yes I am the bird." MacKenzie let out a laugh.

"Okay? Ummm well I uh," I was in shock. Birds could talk or was I bird whisperer.

I must of said that last part out loud. "Silly birds can't talk and you aren't a bird whisperer. You were born with the power to speak with animals." She cried out in a fit of laughter.

"Stop laughing," I cried.

"I'm sorry, Princess Brooklyn. Now for the reason that I'm here. I know Queen Benthay's plan. She's planning on killing everyone soon. How? I'm not sure I was shooed away before I found out. But you can stop her. All the animals that are left have agreed to help. Along with the dragons! If you can get outside by noon then you have your dragon. Don't worry about Chase his dragon will be here." MacKenzie chirped before leaving.

I sighed in frustration. How was i suppose to get outside? Sure I can teleport but there must be guards out there.

"Princess?" I heard Chase called out in a rough voice.

"I'm still here. Listen Chasie," I grinned.

"What do you want, Brooklyn?" Chase rolled over falling off the bed.

I covered my mouth to stop the laughter. Before I could let out a laugh Chase called out. "I swear to God if you laugh."

I bit my bottom lip."O-okay," I said softly not trusting myself.

Chase stood up and glanced at me. "Wow," he stared in awe.

"Oh Chase we're going dragon riding today." I smiled brightly.

"How? You don't have a dragon," he crossed his arms.

"Oh but you forget. I just had a sweet talk with a bird."

"A bird?"

"Yep! Your dragon will be here as well," I smiled.

Chase stared at me in disbelief. "It's true," I huffed.

"I know," his eyebrows frown.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Tell me!"

"No."

"Chase," I growled.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Why not? I'm your girlfriend I have a right to know what's going on up there." I smiled as I tapped the side if his head.

Chase grabbed ahold of my wrist, "I said I don't want to talk about it."

"Chase? Are you alright?" I said struggling to get lose.

"Are you going to drop it?" He nearly whispered.

"No! Cause whatever you just thought of made you upset. Chase tell me!" I commanded. "Or I'll make you tell me."

"Ha! That's funny and how are you going to make me tell you?" He grimaced.

I closed my eyes as I pushed him down onto a chair. I then imagined a rope tying him up. "Ow," he shrieked.

I opened my eyes to see Chase tied up. "Tell me and I let you go. Don't tell me and the ropes get tighter."

"Let me go Brook," Chase begged.
"Tell me what you were thinking!" I snapped looking away from him.

"You really want to know?"

"Yes I do," I looked over my shoulder.

"Fine. When you were talking with the bird I was awake. I could hear your part of the conversation. Brooklyn one of your powers use to be able to speak with animals but as time went on you stopped talking with them." Chase replied.

I turned back to look at him. Chase wasn't meeting my eyes. "Look at me."

He still didn't look at me. "Chase look at me not the ground!"

Chase looked up at me sadly. "I believe you. I'm not mad." I smiled lightly.

"Umm Brookie?" Chase called out.

"Yeah?" I smiled.

"Could you untie me now?" He moved uncomfortably.

"Oh right," I giggled as I untied him.

"Thanks," Chase engulfed me in a hug.

I was sure if he wasn't holding me I would have melted. I leaned into him hugging back. "You're the best."

"I know," he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Your and idiot."

"I am not," he scoffed.

"Oh I meant your my idiot," I giggled.

"That I know," Chase kissed my hair.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry for not posting in so long.

Don't forget to vote and comment