Chapter 23

I was awoken by yelling outside my bedroom. Soon swords clashing together was heard. Until one fell to the ground along with a body.

My doorknob slowly began to open as I see Chase peek his head in. "Princess we have to go now." He said a bit panicly.

"Of course," I nodded and grabbed my bed robe. I quickly put on the white robe and slipped on my matching white slippers.

I hurried to the door. Chase took my hand and started to speed walk to my study. "Chase what's going on?"

"It's just the start, Princess Brooklyn. I have to take you somewhere safe until the child is born." Chase said not looking at me. He opened my study and hurried me in.

He closed the door behind us then walked to the back of my study. "Why are we in my study? Where are you taking me? What do you mean by just the start?" I asked worriedly.

"No time to explain. Right now I need you to follow me and ask questions later." Chase said finally looking at me. A tear rolled down his cheek.

"Chasie, tell me what's going on?" I said stepping forward and wiping the tear from his cheek.

"I'll explain everything once you are safe." He said holding my hand to his cheek. "I love you Brookie."

"I love you too."

He turned back to the bookshelf. Chase pulled a book down and then another on a lower shelf. A passage way opened up. He took my hand and hurried into the passage way.

Once we were both inside the opening closed. We were in complete darkness until Chase light his hand with fire magic. He guided us left, right, left, left, right, right, right, left, right and right.

After turning over and over again. A bright light appeared at the end of the hallway. Chase dimmed the fire in his hand. Once we had gotten to the bright light Chase had put out the fire.

He pulled me through the door. On the other side was a small house. It was more like hut than a house. From the looks of it, it looks like there's only one bedroom.

Chase pulled me towards the hut. He then opened the door. "No one will find you here. Only I and the Queen know where this place is."

"Okay, but why are we here? What's going on?" I ask the same question again as we entered the hut.

"It's to protect you, princess. People are starting to come for you and the baby." Chase said closing the door behind us. He locked the door.

"Is it because of what someone predicted so long ago?" I started to Pace with worry.

"Yes that is why. When that was predicted the Queen made this place special for you just in case.* He informed me. "Everything you need is in the back bedroom. We will be staying here until the baby is born."

"But we can't stay here. I mean there can't possibly be enough food for all of us." I state the obvious.

"That's where you are wrong. The Queen made sure there will be enough food." He nodded and guided me to the couch. "Now stop worrying let me do that. I am your knight after all."

"Can't you just stop being my knight for a little bit I could use my Chase not Knight Chase. Just Chase my finance Chase." I look at him taking a seat.

Chase sat down beside me, "you want your Chase?" I just nodded. He then gathered me in his arms. "Truth be told I don't know what will help to us here. I can only hope everything will go as planned. I just want the best for you." Chase kissed my forehead.

"And I want what is best for you." I sniffled and kept my arms around him.

"I'll protect you both the best I can. I will always be here for you both." Chase said and placed a hand on my stomach. "It will always be us three."

I smiled and kissed his cheek.

Chase then stood up, "okay now I have to go back to Knight Chase."
I nodded. "Now please go to the back room you should get some more sleep." 

"Sleep does sound good," I smiled slightly and went to the back room.

I opened the door, there wasn't much a queen bed a small dresser and a closet. I closed the door behind me and take off my robe. I lay on the bed after shipping my slippers off. After what seems like forever I finally fell asleep.

6 months later

I was sleeping when I heard grunting coming from the living room. I quickly get out of bed and start towards my door when it is flung open.

My breath gets caught in my throat as a hoddied figure grabs me and we vanish from the hut.

I start to feel dizzy as blackness surronds me. I could barely keep my eyes open anymore.

Hours later

Aftwr forever I finally wake up. I look around to see myself in clean bedroom. Being very confused I go to the door. After reaching to open it I got shocked. "Ow!"

I slowly back away from the door and see a window with bars on it like prison. "What is going on?"

I place my hands on my stomach, "it's okay baby. Chase will find us until then I'll try and get us out." As if hearing me the baby kicked a little.

I close my eyes and start to pace. Soon the doorknob turned and a girl with strawberry blonde curly hair walked in. "Princess Brooklyn glad to see you awake. How's the baby?"

"Just fine. Why do you care?" I raised an eyebrow and backed away from her as she walked closer to us.

"Well because your baby will be mine soon as you give birth." She smiled, "I'm Suzie by the way."

"Suzie?" I asked, "and I don't need to tell you my name since you know it."

"Yeah. Don't worry we'll take good care of both of you while you stay here. Charles was the one you got you. Since we can't have children we figured we would kidnap the princess then take her child!" Suzie smiled proud of her idea.

----------------------------------------

I'm so sorry that it has taken me forever to update. I just been busy with school. Anyways here's the next chapter.

Vote and comment

Love ya all