chapter 5

Jason Aldean here in Florida? This trip was supposed to be about starting over and getting away from painful memories not running straight into them. "It's alright Kennedy we don't have to stay here. We'll get a few hours of sleep then get back in the truck. Maybe head West this time"   Kennedy "No Summer we just got here. besides what are the chances we'll actually run into Jason anyway?" I opened the door to our room and we practically threw ourselves onto the beds before passing out. When I finally woke up it was dark, this is totally going to throw my body off schedule but whatever.  Kennedy likes to act like Jason's leaving a few years ago was no big deal, but I know better than that. I know that she's never really gotten over him. If we do end up running into him it's going to turn her whole world upside down. I'm sure jason's found someone new by now anyway. I just hope we don't see him because I don't want to see my bestfriend in pain.

                      ****Kennedy's point of view****

         Of all the places in the whole country why did we end up in the same State and Town as Jason. Of course I don't want to see him. Do I? No, I have to be strong. For Summer. She's going through a lot right now and she really needs me, but I feel like falling apart. we used to be 5 now there's only the two of us. I have to be there for her I'm the only one that's ever fully been there for her. She doesn't even know the worst of it. I can hear Summer moving around she must be waking up. Maybe she was right. Maybe we should leave. This is hard on her. I know she's trying to act like she'll be okay but she still hasn't even taken the engagement ring off her finger. Everyone thought that her and Mike would be like her parents highschool sweethearts meant for forever. Everyone was wrong. Most of the town didn't even notice the way Brooke looked at Mike, or the way she'd brush up against him when she thought no one was looking. She was so jealous the night Mike asked Summer to be his girlfriend. I wasn't a very good friend though was I?  Too caught up in my own problems to see what was right in front of my face. Too in love with Jason to notice that Mike's eyes always wandered when Brooke was around. Look where that all got us. Brooke and Mike run off together and me and Summer here, in the same town as Jason. The man I once swore I'd love forever. The problem is I never stopped when he did. Forever never quite ended for me like it seems to do for everyone else.

                ****Summer's point of view****

            "Come on Kennedy let's go out tonight. I'm sure we wont have any problems getting into the bars"  Tonight it would be safe to go out. Jason was playing some show or something so there was no chance we'd run into him. It was going to be a fun girls night. Just the Two of us nothing can ruin it. It was almost 11 by the time we even got out of the hotel and climbed into my truck. yeah we were country girls but we still liked to get dressed up all nice and exy when we were going out. There was a local country music club we had passed on our way into town that morning and thats where I headed. the ocean breeze coming in through my truck windows felt so amazing we need to get to the beach soon but tonight lets see if we can get into this bar.

          We arrive at the bar and get out of the truck. Kennedy's trying to fix her beautiful blond hair although I'm not quite sure what she's fixing since it always looks perfect to me but whatever. Back home there's no way we could get a drink in the bar everyone knows us and knows we're only 20, But here no one knows us and passing for 21 is something the two of us could easily have done at 16. Besides I'm only a few weeks away from 21 as it is. Standing in line I start to get a little nervous I've never tried to get into a bar before but it can't be that hard I've seen it done on t.v. we get up to the door and the bouncer says "IDs please"  Kennedy pretends to search through her bag "AWW Shoot I must have left my drivers license back at the hotel. Guess we should just call it a night, Come on Summer lets go. sorry about the hold up sir"  What in the world was she doing we were supposed to get in not give up without trying. . "Ladies, Hold on, it's alright I trust you girls you can go on in"  How in the world did Kennedy know that would even work? whatever it got us in. There was a live band playing, it was kind of hard to see them with the lights and all but they sounded really good. Kennedy got us drinks and we went to try and find a seat. We drank a bit, listened to the band, and danced together. Everytime a guy would ask one of us to dance we politely turned him down. We weren't here to find men we were here to have a good time together. The band announced they were taking a short break a few seconds later I hear a voice behind me "I'm not really much for dancing, but what do you say we dance anyway" I start to politely decline as I'm turning towards him but I'm quickly caught off guard as I see the most beautiful smile I've ever seen in my life. sensing my hesitation Kennedy tells me one dance wont hurt and so I reluctantly get up to dance.