Chapter 10

*** Kennedy*** 

          I don't want Jason to ever let go of me it feels so good in his arms even if it's not going to last. I know this hug means so much more to me than it ever could to him. At this point the best I could hope for is a couple days with Jason before he heads back to Nashville, back to his life without me. Right now all I care about is making this moment last as long as I can. I can't stop crying I'm pretty sure my tears are soaking Jason's shirt but he doesn't seem to mind. He starts to pull away. No please don't, don't ever let go of me. I didn't want to seem clingy so I let go but it was so hard. Jason turns my face towards him so I'm looking into those eyes. Those beautiful sexy eyes that I've got lost in so many times before. Using his thumb Jason wipes the tears from under my eyes and with his hand still on my face he leans in to kiss me. I didn't see that coming. The second his lips touched mine suddenly my world started spinning again. Jason had the softest most kissable lips ever, not that I had much to compare him with but I'm pretty sure it's true. All thoughts were wiped from my head as I leaned into his kiss. It was as if he'd never left. his hands moved from my face to my waist where they settled on my lower back. Yes, Jason hold me never let go. This is what was meant to be. There's no way we weren't meant for forever. All this time I blamed him for leaving when I could have easily gone with him. This time I was never letting go no matter what. I would follow Jason to the ends of the earth if he'd have me. Oh god, what if this kiss meant more to me than it did him? What if all he was interested in was the here and now? As Jason's lips left mine I was filled with so many doubts. 

        I could feel Jason's breath on my lips as he struggled to control his breathing. I didn't want him to stop kissing me but we couldn't just stand here next to the fire kissing forever could we? Well, if it were up to me we would. I was about to turn my head away when Jason's lips once again found mine. I felt his hands as he ran them slowly up my back. I wanted him so bad but this wasn't the time or the place. I still don't know how Jason feels but I can't worry about that right now. How can I possibly think of anything with his lips on mine and his hands running over my body. I've been on dates but Jason is the only man I've ever allowed to touch me in this way, It doesn't feel as if it's been 3 years since the last time he's touched me. My body responds to his touch as if we'd never been apart. I hear someone yell to get a room and Jason pulls back to laugh. He then takes my hand in his and leads me closer to the beach and farther away from the party goers. We don't have complete privacy but that's still better maybe now we can talk. Before things go any farther I have to know how he feels. I start to talk when Jason silences me with another of his magical brain fogging kisses. He sure knows how to make a girl lose her train of thought. He pulls away again but before I can get a word out he whispers four words I haven't heard in 3 years, words I thought I'd never again hear come from his lips "I love you Kennedy"  and before I can fully process those familiar words his lips are on mine again. Is he trying to suffocate me? Well if he is I could die happy right now.