❦09.

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪx

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

As her lips inched closer to mine, I began to panic.

Is this... my first kiss?

My breath quickened, and my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest.

I pushed her off of me from my panic and stood up quickly.

"E-Excuse me!!" I stuttered, running from the hall without looking back, my face hot as a kitchen stove.

I didn't hear a word from her but didn't even bother to stop.

I ran through the palace gardens, tripping over several times and getting myself tangled in thorn shrubs.

Even as I felt warm blood trickle down my cheek, I didn't care.

I ran and ran, not stopping for anything.

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

❝ℓιттℓє ∂ι∂ нє кησω, нє мα∂є тнє вєѕт мιѕтαкє σƒ нιѕ ℓιƒє...❞

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

I reached my room at the top of the palace and exhaustedly stepped inside, limping from the repeated falls and trips.

I... I give up.

I limped to the bathroom and looked at my mess of a face in the reflection of the mirror.

There was a long cut on my forehead from the rose bush that I got tangled in, and whipped cream from the dessert thrown stained my shirt.

Not to mention my face was a bloodied mess, but let's not dwell in that territory.

I slowly stepped into the shower with my clothes still on and stood under the cold rain, the same dead expression I've grown used to all these years glued to my face.

What happened to me?

I wasn't myself at all back there...

Actually...

I haven't been myself for a while, either...

Why was I acting differently..?

I wasn't normal...

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

❝ηαινє αѕ α cнιℓ∂, нє яєтυяηѕ σηє ℓαѕт тιмє тσ тнє мσησтσηє ωσяℓ∂ нє σηcє ℓσνє∂.❞

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

After putting on a spare set of clothes and my jacket, I bandage my forehead and collapse on the bed.