❦12.

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪɪ

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

The last firework glitters in the darkness as the night takes over again, silence regaining its might.

Our lips remain together for a brief moment before we part, both our cheeks hot as a stove.

She wraps one hand around her other arm, her cheeks glowing red.

"I've... always... I've always admired you, Ash. Ever since summer camp. Recalling the memories of that summer camp, and the way you held me in your arms..."

She places her hands over her heart, her cheeks bright red.

"Remembering all that would cheer me up a little. Seeing your face again, hearing your voice again... Before I even knew it, my eyes were always just on you. It made my heart race from silly things whenever I was with you. It's only now that I've realized I felt all this... because..."

She gulps, taking a deep breath.

"...Because I'm in love with you,"

She looks down at the ground silently after those words leave her lips.

"I-I just had to tell you..."

I purse my lips with a small smile.

"Serena, sometimes you really are an idiot, maybe even more of one than I am,"

I chuckle slightly, relieving the tension in the air.

"Before all this, before I came here... I was depressed. I hardly ever smiled genuinely... That all changed when I saw you. I began to smile more, and laugh more. You were the reason why I woke up every day instead of sulk in my bed... Just seeing that smile of yours, gave me a reason to look forward to the next day..."

I step forward and whisper in her ear that I loved her for the first time.

Her eyes well up and she breaks into tears.

I wrap my arms around her and she accepts it, pressing her face into my chest.

"I love you, Ash,"

"Thank you," I whisper,

"Ash..."

"Thank you for loving me, that's the most I could ever ask for."

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

The Following Morning~

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

"Ash, hurry up! We're gonna be late on our first day!" A voice calls out from the palace driveway, making my heart beat a little faster.

"Yeah yeah! I'm coming!" I say, panting as I sprint towards the front of the palace, my bag swaying back and forth from the wind.