02|| n o o n e's s a f e

when the scream was heard, the whole class stopped to listen.

"what the fuck was that?" nathan, one of the jocks that ashton used to like asked loudly and mr mcpreen started turning pale.

"i...i" he took a deep breath, "guys i want you to stay calm." he looked over at ashton and calum and gave them a small smile, "it's fine."

everything was very quiet and calum took hold of ashton's hand, when another scream from down the hall sounded.

"i would rather do my english" he mumbled and ashton smiled at him.

"we'll be okay" ashton whispered back and calum smiled at him.

"i never thought i'd die this young" ashton rolled his eyes, which he had been doing a lot today, at his over dramatic best friend.

"hey hey, love birds, don't do the bees and birds thing in here please" mr mcpreen chuckled and the class laughed quietly.

calum sighed and ashton blushed.

mr mcpreen was under his desk by this point and everyone was trying to calm themselves.

boots went passed the class room and mr mcpreen sighed.

kayla and nathan and some other class mates went on their phones to calm them while ashton and calum just talked with their eyes to each other.

"the fucking reception is down" a girl muttered loudly but ashton and calum were ignoring them.

calum was shaking and ashton was holding his hand tightly, while they made funny faces.

"holy fuck!" nathan shouted when someone ran into the door from the outside of the class room. one of his friends hit him and covered his mouth angrily.

ashton watched the door fearfully.

"help...help me" the voice on the other side of the door was weak and ashton didn't like it one bit.

mr mcpreen shook his head but the banging didn't stop.

"mr mcpreen it's a student" some girl said softly and mr mcpreen shook his head.

"help please" the banging was getting weaker, "please."

calum locked eyes with ashton when he stood up and calum shook his head.

"don't go" he whispered.

ashton let go of calum's hand before he got to the door.

"i can't handle this" he muttered but mr mcpreen shook his head wildly.

"ashton irwin!" he hissed but ashton unlocked the door and cracked it open to see a blonde boy leaning on his weakly.

as he opened the door the blonde boy fell into the room. ashton pulled him in and shut the door quickly and locked it.

"safe" he smiled proudly but the boy looked at him.

"no one's safe" he mumbled but ashton was only staring at the bullet in his shoulder.

••••••
A/N:

{lowercase intended}

yeah I told you it would be short haha.

-Catx