10|| h e r o

ashton gasped when he felt the blow of the butt of a gun straight into his gut.

he was winded and he felt it. the person who did it was pulled back by a police guard and then somebody tackled ashton.

"the boy, kill the boy" the person who had been talking on the p.c said and ashton felt a fear creeping up on him.

"ashton, someone get ashton!" he heard people yelling and he groaned.

michael.

he thought of michael and his face and how he promised he would be back to save him.

ashton needed to be alive to save michael.

and that's when he screamed out in pain.

his whole body was on fire and he screamed and felt tears escaping his eyes, he could feel two different shots, one on his ankle and one on his shoulder.

"ashton... ashton" someone was talking to him softly but he was focusing on the pain.

"michael" he coughed out and he felt himself biting his lip.

the p.c guy was laughing, loudly but the police had him cornered.

but at that point ashton was limping out of the office, ignoring the scream from the leader of the police unit in that room.

ashton ran, trying and failing to ignore the pain.

when he reached michael, he was crying from the pain.

"michael" he mumbled and collapsed right next to michael on the floor.

"ashton" michael whispered back.

"my body hurts, michael" ashton mumbled and the tears blurred his vision badly, "i can't save anyone."

michael looked over at him and saw ashton closing his eyes from the pain and the tears.

"can you kiss it all better?" ashton whispered, "i'm not ready to go."

michael couldn't move his legs but he pulled ashton to his chest.

"it's okay, ashton" he murmered softly, "it's going to be alright."

the p.c turned on and another voice spoke.

"the police have come to rescue everyone, please remain calm and we will come and let you out of your classes."

michael sighed loudly but ashton was biting his lip.

"stay with me, until i go" ashton's eyes started to droop.

"everything will be alright, ashton," michael whispered to him and started to shake the boy in his arms, "ashton stay awake!"

ashton gave him a small smile and then it started to disappear.

"it hurts, mike" he murmered, "it hurts everywhere," and then so quietly michael has to lean in to hear it, ashton whispered, "i wanted to be your hero."

"you are my hero," michael said and he kissed ashton's lips, "you saved everyone here."

ashton's eyes couldn't stay open anymore and he fell unconscious, leaving michael to stare at him as ashton started to get colder.

ashton was his hero.

ashton was always michael's hero.

✕✕✕✕✕✕

{lowercase intended}