03|| l u k e

calum crawled over and ashton knelt down besides the blonde one.

"i'm ashton" ashton whispered and the blonde boy grimaced.

"luke."

kayla came out from her desk to look at luke.

"luke!" she whispered in shock, "is michael okay?"

mr mcpreen was by luke's other side and was looking at the bullet shot in his shoulder.

"michael," luke coughs harshly, "i lost him."

"where?"

"when the guy started shooting" he answered harshly, and cringed in pain.

kayla looked at ashton and calum in a confused way before going back to her group.

"what did you mean no one was safe?" ashton asked when everyone was quiet again.

luke blinked at him.

"there's mad men on the loose with guns" luke muttered, "no one is safe, idiot."

"more than one?" ashton asked in disbelief.

"yeah a whole pack of crazies with guns" then luke smirked, "it may be the pain talking but you are very good-looking" and ashton blushed at his words.

"were you the one who screamed down the hall?" calum asked interrupting their moment and luke looked at him.

"i...i wasn't the only one."

mr mcpreen looked at luke's shoulder and frowned.

"does anyone have a jumper?" he asked the class and a girl from the back threw one to mr mcpreen who caught it easily, "thanks."

"this might hurt, we need to take the bullet out but even then unless you go to the hospital you might die."

ashton took luke's hand to help for the pain. mr mcpreen bit his lip when he saw the bullet he grumbled.

"this is going to get infected without the right shit" mr mcpreen muttered and looked at ashton.

"the first aid kit in the science lab?"

"you're not going" he huffed, "i'll be back."

"i doubt it" calum muttered, "ashton and i will go, you watch the class and luke."

"i want to come" luke whispered and calum looked at him angrily.

"shut up, dude" he muttered, "you're dying, you can't."

luke looked at him angrily and tried to sit up. ashton gently pushed him back down.

"please luke, just stay put" ashton smiled sweetly and luke looked pained but didn't fight.

"if you hear anything bad, you sprint out of there, alright?" mr mcpreen turned more pale, if that was possible, while he told his favourite students this, "and if you die, just don't okay?" he turned his voice to a whisper, "because you guys are my favourite couple, remember?"

ashton managed a weak smile but calum chuckled.

"aye sir, favouritism" calum smirked.

"come on, cal" ashton whispered and stood up, luke looked at him sadly.

"don't die for me" he whispered and calum laughed.

"we wouldn't dream of it blondie" and calum took ashton's arm and went to the door.

"woah, where are you two going?" nathan was standing watching the door.

"to the science lab" ashton answered and nathan looked almost scared.

"be careful, yeah?"

"yeah, okay we will" calum replied, he was getting fed up with all this 'don't die' crap. of course he wasn't going to die on purpose.

he opened the door to look out before stepping out and ashton looked back at luke who was pale as fuck.

then ashton followed calum out into the hallway and closed the door. a second passes before they hear the lock and take another second to think of a path.

•••••••

A/N:

{lowercase intended}

To the science lab they must go! :)

Sorry it's short.

sorry.

-Catx