Blue Champagne - Steve Rogers

Word Count - 783
Warnings - Bad Writing
Summary- You're the Maid for the Avengers!

Y/n P.O.V

I walked into the living room of the tower. Everyone was either on a mission or out. I decided to have some time to myself and listen to some good old music. I plugged in my phone to the sound system and started my old 40s playlist. Happy Times then came on.

I began to sing along to the song. Cleaning up all the leftover messes the Avengers had left over. Dancing and singing around the houses I never knew someone was there watching me make a fool of myself.

One of my favorite songs came on, Blue Champagne by Jimmy Dorsey. Although it was a short song, I loved it and could listen to it for hours.

Blue Champagne - purple shadows and Blue Champagne,
With the echoes that still remain, I keep a blue rendezvous.
Bubbles rise like a fountain before my eyes
And they suddenly crystallize to form a vision of you.

I sang the lyrics while cleaning up the living room, fluffing the pillows, picking up lingering clothes, or undergarments, most likely from Tony's girls or Natasha and Bucky's nights when everyone was gone.

All the plans we started, all the songs we sang
Each little dream we knew seem to overtake me like a boomerang.

I heard a male voice sing, but it wasn't Jimmy's. I turned around quickly to see Steve. Steve Rogers. "Shit," I whispered, quickly turning off the music and facing him with a crimson face.

"Jimmy Dorsey, September 27, 1941, yes?" Steve asked looking down at me with a soft smile. I looked up at him nodded.

"How'd you know?" I asked, completely forgetting the fact that he was from the 40s. He through his head backed and laugh a bit before looking back at me.

"I'm from the 40s remember? Besides, I still listen to that music. The music in this generation is.... questionable." He said with a sort of disgusted face.

"I understand where you're coming from," I said and turned back around to grab the basket full of dirty clothes and blankets and pillowcases.

"Your Y/n right? Y/n L/n?" I looked at him in surprise. He knew who you were.

"Y-You know who I am?" I asked in utter disbelief. His hand went up to his neck as he rubbed it with a sheepish grin on his face.

"Yeah, when I moved in I looked through who worked here. You're the maid." He said and looked at me with a closed-eyed smile. He is so goddamn precious.

"Well, hopefully, this means I can clean the house and not almost get shot when Tony comes home, or get hit on by him every time," I said with a snort causing me to blush and look away. Steve just threw his head back and laughed a bit. I watched his chest shake with the vibrations. When he was done he spoke.

"That has been the most adorable thing I've seen for a while." He said a placed a piece of hair that had fallen from my bun behind my ear. I looked at him with wide eyes before getting my cool back. I crossed my arms and looked at him with a 'are you serious?' look.

"Right, because nothing is more adorable than an ugly snort," I said sarcastically with a smile. He just shook his head and stepped a little closer.

"It is when you do it, and it wasn't an ugly snort." He stated and I rolled my eyes. "Hey, do you want to get coffee sometime?" He asked looking at me. His eyes sparkled. I couldn't say no even if I wanted to.

"Sure, call me when you have time," I said and took a pen out of my pocket that I always kept in my uniform. I took his arm hesitated before writing my number on his arm. God the arm veins!

"Thanks, I'll make sure to call." He said and gave me a blinding smile. I shook my head and picked up the laundry basket I put down and headed to the laundry room.

"Oh and Y/n?" I turned back around to see Steve with my phone. He pointed at it, "Do you mind if I listen?" He said and smiled.

"Of course I don't. Go ahead and press play and it will be heard around the whole building." I said and walked off listening to his sweet voice continuing to sing.

Blue is the sparkle, gone is the tang;
Each old refrain keeps returning as I remain
With my memories and Blue Champagne
To toast the dream that was you.