It's Okay - Bucky Barnes

Request - @sadisticfxck

Warnings - Bad Angst??? I think

Word count - 352 (I know, short)
A/n - Hi yes, this is from two years ago, I am really really sorry, but I hope you enjoy!

Y/n P.O.V
I made popcorn as I waited for Bucky to come home, he was out on a mission but he would be home tonight, right on time for movie night! As the soft popping continued to go off, I heard the front door open and then slam shut, making me jump. I walked to the living room and peered my head in to see Bucky shoving his stuff to the ground.

"Hey, Buck..." He just grunted in reply before walking off to his room and slamming that door as well. I stood there dumbfounded, I thought he'd be happy. I walked back into the kitchen and stopped the popcorn, pulling it out half done and just leaving it on the counter. I quickly walked to Bucky's room and knocked quietly.

"Bucky? Is everything okay?" I called out through the door. It took a minute, but he finally replied with,

"Leave me alone, Y/n." I furrowed my brows, my hand immediately going to the doorknob to turn it, but I stopped. I should probably respect his decision to be alone...

Nah, screw that.

I turned the knob and opened the door slowly, walking in softly. Bucky sat at the end of his bed, his head in his hands, body tense and shaking. I quickly walked over and pulled his face into my hands. He looked shocked and scared, his face red and splotchy. He was crying.

"Buck," I breathed out and wrapped my arms around him, his head resting against my chest. His arms wrapped around me holding me tightly. His body shook as he cried into my chest. I only held him as he sobbed, cooing softly and running my fingers through his hair.

As his body relaxed and his cries turned to small hiccups, I turned him to look at me. I rubbed at his jaw and leaned in, placing a small kiss against his forehead.

"The screams-"

"I know," I whispered, smiling softly down at him. He closed his eyes, a small tearing running down his cheeks slowly. I wiped it away softly, kissing each of his eyes.

"It's okay."