one

"I love you," I called as Nick drove away from my house.

"LOVE YOU MORE!" He yelled back as he drove away from my house. Nick Boulgatti has been my best guy friend for 6 years. Even when I became a famous singer (I'll explain later), he was one of the only people who stuck by my side.

Exactly 2 weeks ago he finally told me that he wanted to be more than friends, and he wanted this for a while now. I told him I felt the same way and we had a dramatic, amazing kiss.

We've been dating ever since.

So the singing thing... I've been singing my whole life. I love it, it's the only thing that keeps me sane. My life coach and best friend Eva introduced me to a friend of hers who is a music producer (Eva has LOTS of connections...) and I sang for him. He liked me, and I've been signed with Republic Records for about one and a half years now.

I've lived in California my whole life. When I got signed when I was 14, I lived with my parents. With their permission, I got a house in the middle of LA, exactly 23 minutes away from where my parents live. Now I live in that house with Eva, who now is my manager.

Eva's 18 (yeah, 2 years older than me) and she's been working in the music business for almost 5 years now. Her uncle is a huge producer and she's been learned how to do his job her whole life. She's the one who got me the opportunities and made me what I am today.

And now she's my manager. She doesn't make the super huge decisions, but she's in charge of my scheduling and getting me where I need to be on time. Eva's extremely organized where I am.... Always late.

I walked back inside my house and turned on the giant TV in my living room. Desperate Housewives was on. I love this show.

About 20 minutes into the show, Eva and Charlotte (another one of my best friends) banged into my house.

"HEY BITCH," Charlotte said on her way to my kitchen. Eva always kept it fully stocked with a perfect balance of junk food, protein shakes, and tea.

"Are you ready?! I told you we have a meeting with Sandra! We're leaving in 5 minutes," Eva said as she starting cleaning my house.

"Yeah I'm ready. I think."

"Are you still telling her about you and Nick?"

"I-I hope so ..."

“Alright then. CHARLOTTE LET’S GO!” She yells. I grab my purse and walk out to the limo my friends had come in. A few minutes later my friends came out and sat with me, Charlotte holding a huge bag of cheese doodles.

“Frah merf derf de sherp?” Charlotte asked.

“Char, please don’t talk with your mouth full it’s gross.”

“Fruck troff,” Charlotte said and flipped her the bird, in case her message wasn’t clear.

I looked out the windows and watched as we drove from my small house on the edge of LA, through the amazing town towards the collection of skyscrapers where my record company and management was located.

We reached it in about 10 minutes. The 3 of us filed out of the car and walked inside. We rode the elevator to the 14th floor and the secretary immediately waved us inside my manager, Sandra Duplot’s office. I sat in the chair facing her desk, while Charlotte and Eva took seats on the back wall, out of the way.

“Hello Emily. It’s good to see you,” Sandra said getting up to shake my hand across the desk. I shook it and she gestured to have a seat, which I did.

“Hello Eva, Charlotte. It’s good to see you girls as well,” she said and my friends politely said hello.

“Well, my dear, it seems we have a lot to discuss. You came up a lot at the board meeting last Sunday.”

“I did?”

“Yes,” Sandra said with a chuckle. I smiled.

“There’s something I wanted to discuss with you as well,”

“Of course. Let’s just get the boring stuff out of the way first, shall we?” Sandra and I talked about my new single called ‘Promise’ scheduled to come out exactly 27 days from today. We brainstormed ideas for the single cover and ideas for the music video. We also discussed the timeline for the rest of my music, all leading up to my album.

“Alright. Last order of business and then we can talk about what you wanted to. Do you know who this boy is?” She asked as she pulled a photo out of a folder. The boy was hot and he looked very familiar.

“I think so... He’s a viner, right?”

“Yes, yes he is. This is Matthew Espinosa and he is apart of the meet and greet convention, also know as magcon. Our company manages them as well.”

Alright... What does this have to do with me?

“At the board meeting, we were thinking of ways to make sure your new single would come in with a bang and also help increase your fanbase. The magcon family, Matthew’s fanbase, is also trying to be increased. We decided the best way to kill two birds with one stone, is for the two of you to date.”

“Wh-what?!”

“Yes. Now I know this is a shocker, but this is how it has to be.”

“No! No no no no no no no! I came here to tell you that I have a boyfriend! I can’t date Max-”

“Matt.”

“Whatever! I’m taken!”

“Yes. By Matt.”

“No! I REFUSE!”

“You can’t refuse. You don't get a choice in this, Emily. I'm really sorry."

"But- but that's not fair! I don't know him, I don't love him! I love-"

"That doesn't matter anymore, Emily. I'm really sorry."

"Don't I get a say in this decision?"

"No. You're Matt Espinosa's girlfriend. I'm sorry if this upsets you, but there's nothing I can do."

***********

Sorry it was so short. Mainly an introduction to the story.

NU: Friday