four

Chapter 4

Matt paid for our dinner, obviously with money his managers had given him. He got pretty embarrassed, he had never taken a girl out and he had never left a tip so he didn’t know how to do it. I had to teach him the 20% rule, like Eva taught me.

We left the restaurant and began to walk through LA to an ice cream shop the girls and I loved to go to. Matt had never been there, but Matt had never been anywhere fun in LA. Los Angeles has always been my home, I know my way around better than anyone.

We were both aware of the paparazzi around us- following us, running in front of us to get better shots... We did our best to ignore them. Like our managers had instructed, we held hands but didn’t kiss at all.

We reached the small ice cream shop fairly quickly and walked inside. Thankfully the paps didn’t follow us in. Matt got a root beer float with vanilla ice cream and I got a red velvet milk shake.

We began to walk out again, still holding hands and drinking our ice creams. Matt tried to talk to me and flirt a little bit, but  I just kept shutting him down. Honestly, I felt bad for the guy but it wasn’t my fault. Walking with him is the last place I wanted to be, even though he bought me ice cream.

We were back in front of the restaurant where the driver with his limo was waiting. We climbed in the back and continued to finish our deserts in silence.

“Bye,” I said when we reached my house.

“Wait!” Matt said and grabbed my hand, holding me in the limo. I sighed.

“The fuck you want now?” I complained.

“I just... Well this was fun, but maybe next time we can go somewhere a little funner,”

“Funner isn’t a word.” I replied coldly. Ugh Eva would be proud. She’s rubbing off on me.

“Whatever. Have a good night, maybe I’ll see you this weekend,”

“OR NAH,” I said and ran away from the limo. I could hear him chuckling as I trotted up the walk to my house in my huge heels.

As I learned, Matt was 5’11”, a whole foot taller than me. That’s pretty ridiculous. They couldn’t have at least gotten a shorter boy for a shorter girl?!

“Hey babe, how was the amazing first date?” Charlotte asked as I walked inside, closing my front door behind me. Her and Kelly were still sitting on the couch playing video games and Eva and Bailey were sitting on top of one another in the big chair making out.

“Not so amazing. Actually, pretty awful. Can I tell you about it tomorrow? I’m pretty tired,”

“Yeah that’s fine. We’re all pretty tired, actually. Well, not baiva,” Charlotte said using their ship name.

“They’ve been like that for two hours. TWO FUCKING HOURS,” Kelly said as she ran up the stairs. Charlotte laughed and threw them a blanket as she left the room. Bailey caught it without even looking and they continued to make out.