ten

Chapter 10

Emily's POV

"Em! You gotta get up now!"

I opened my eyes and threw a pillow at the door in the direction of Eva. She shut the door and I got out of bed.

After I showered, I put on a pair of high waisted black leather shorts and a gray crop top with a sunflower on it. I wore a pair of black pumps that definitely looked like stripper shoes, but brought my height up 5 and a half inches. I went into the bathroom and did my hair, pinning a few strands back with a silver bobby pin, and my makeup the way I normally do.

I walked down the steps, stumbling a bit due to the huge shoes, and walked into a surprisingly full kitchen.

"You guys are up early," I said and looked at my entire crew. It was 7:30 in the morning, and I was extremely surprised to see everyone.

"We're ditching school," Nick said. I looked at them confusedly. Bailey, Charlotte, and Kelly were the only ones who actually went to school. Nick did too, but he ditched more than he actually went. Eva dropped out because she already has a steady career, and the same for me.

"Really?" I asked. They nodded.

"We're going to the beach!" Kelly said excitedly. I smiled.

"That sounds amazing! Eva and I have this meeting to go to first," I said.

"Well hurry back. And if you want to invite the magcon boys, that would totally be ok," Kelly said. She obviously really wanted me to invite the magcon boys.

"I'll talk to Matt," I said and rolled my eyes at her.

"Em, let's go," Eva said and handed me an apple and a bottle of water, my usual on-the-go breakfast. I followed her out to her car and sat in the passenger seat. The rest of our squad was staying home to eat breakfast and get ready for our beach day.

I got out my phone and sent a quick text to Matt.

To: Matthew Espinosa

Hey we're all going to the beach today and wanted to know if you and your magcon peeps wanted to join

From: Matthew Espinosa

Don't they go to school?! It seems like they're always hanging with you instead of going to school or doing hw

To: Matthew Espinosa

They ditch a lot. So are you in or not?

From: Matthew Espinosa

We're in. I'll see you in like 2 minutes btw

I smiled and put my phone back in my back pocket. I didn't bring a bag today, just my phone. I couldn't be bothered.

Eva parked her car in the spot she has reserved for her and we climbed out of the car. She wasn't looking her usual fancy standards, she dressed pretty casual since she was taking the day off for the beach. She only needed to come in for this meeting.

"They magcon boys are going to come to the beach with us," I told Eva once we were in the elevator.

"Great,"

"Which one are we going to?"

"Which one do we always go to? Venice. Duh." She said and laughed at me. My crew always went to Venice Beach. Always.

The elevator dinged and we walked out, going into the conference room we usually use.

Matt and his manager were already sitting there, and Matt looked like a train wreck. His hair was a mess, and shoved under a beanie. He wore vans, gym shorts, and a tee shirt and was holding a coffee from Dunkin.