twenty one

3 weeks later

"EMILY GET OUT OF BED RIGHT NOW!" Eva shouts, banging on my door. Though a lot has changed in the past couple weeks, Eva's tactics of waking me up have not.

"I'm getting up!" I respond as I attempt to pull myself out of bed. I look at my phone, which says 8:00am exactly. Eva is nothing if not punctual.

"You have exactly 30 minutes to shower and change into clothes you can rehearse in."

"I'm on it." I reply and get out of bed. I jump into the shower and just rinse myself off to help wake up- I'm going to have to take another one after the rehearsal anyway so there's no real point.

I get out and still have 19 minutes left. I quickly dry my hair and put half of it in a ponytail and leave the other half down. After drying off, I put on capri leggings, a pink sports bra, and a loose white tank top. I grab the 4 pairs of shoes I'll need and my phone and head downstairs with 2 minutes to spare.

I see Eva in the kitchen, wearing black pants, tall nude heels, and a red peplum top to match her lipstick. She has a clipboard and a pen in her hands, a walky talky clipped to her pants, and a headset.

"No, no no- the caterers have to be here at 4 EXACTLY. NOT 4:01, not 3:59, 4 o'clock exactly. Understood?" Eva says speaking into her headset. I clear my throat and she finally notices me and motions for me to sit at the counter.

"Eat quickly, we're on a schedule." Eva says to me as she checks something on her clipboard.

"Wow, you know, I didn't notice," I say sarcastically as I begin to drink my smoothie.

"Miss Eva, where do you want this?" A man says as he rolls a giant ice sculpture into the kitchen of what appears to be a naked woman.

"What the hell is that?" Eva says angrily as she inspects the ice sculpture.

"Uhh... It's the sculpture I was sent to pick up?"

"No you idiot! There are 6 ice sculptures and they are getting delivered! I don't know what you think you're doing but this is not your job. Are you not getting my text message updates?! Email updates?! They're being sent every 30 minutes to make sure everyone stays on schedule."

"Uhh-"

"No. No no no. Take this back and then see yourself home, sir, you are no longer necessary."

"But-"

"OUT."

"Ok..."

Eva groans and leans on the counter.

"Do I really have to do everything myself?" She asks quietly.

"Uhm, I'm done." I say and place my plate and empty cup in the sink.

"Great, 8:40 exactly, we are right on schedule. Follow me."

I followed Eva outside the back door and into our huge backyard- which has begun to be completely transformed into paradise.

"This looks so great," I say to Eva as we weave through tables with white tablecloths on them.

"It's nowhere near done," She says as we cross what will soon become the dancefloor. We stop in front of the stage, with the DJ booth set up to the right on the side a bit. The stage was still being built, but so far it looked very... Translucent. With what looked like a huge projection screen behind it.

"What's the theme?"

"Summer Nights. Sorta. Also, light."

"Light? That's a theme?"