five

Chapter 5

"Hi, Emily, welcome to the show,"

"Thank you, it's so great to be here," I said and smiled at the interviewer. I still had a major headache from Saturday night, but I was a total people person, this is what I was good at.

"So first, we have to ask, you've just announced that you're going to release your first single off the new album, can you tell us what it's called?"

"Promise,"

"Promise. That's very cute," I giggled.

"Thank you,"

"Did you write this one yourself?"

"Well, yes, I mean I write most of my own music but not without some help of course,"

"Help?"

"Yes, of course. A lot of times big stars like Katy Perry and Justin Timberlake will hear when I'm gonna be in the studio and they'll just show up and we'll write together. It's nice. I also have help from my friends, even though they aren't very musical, they know what good music sounds like, so they help me too. They're the ones I test my new songs on,"

"That's really nice. And yes, I remember hearing that you had help from both JT and KP on your last album,"

"Yes, I respect both of them so much it was such an honor to work with them,"

"I can imagine. So let's talk Promise, when is the release date for that?"

"It isn't a set date yet, but we're hoping sometime within the next 3 weeks."

"Great! We're all looking forward to that, aren't we?" She asked and the live studio audience clapped and cheered. I giggled.

"So what are we thinking for the album?"

"I've been working really hard on it, and I'm almost done. We're hoping to release it somewhere in June, right before summer really kicks off,"

"Well that's great, I'm really happy for you. Any spoilers you can give us?"

"Not yet, sorry,"

"That's ok, hun. Lets talk boys," She said. She scooted closer to me and gave the camera a mischievous look.

"You've been spotted a lot with Matt Espinosa, is that correct?"

"Yeah, Matt and I are good friends,"

"Just friends?"

"Yes, just friends,"

"Someone's turning a bit red... Does this have anything to do with the pictures of you two going on a date and holding hands this past Friday?"

"Matt and I are just friends,"

"Ok, ok, I'll back off," She said and put her hands up. I laughed.

"Do you like him? Matt, I mean,"

"Yeah of course, everyone likes Matt. He's a great guy and a really good friend. I just wish the height difference was a bit less," I joked. The audience chuckled.

"Well girls like tall guys,"

"That certainly true, but a foot difference? I mean come on," I complained and rolled my eyes. The interviewer laughed.

"Yup I get it," She said. "So you're single?"

"Yup. I don't really have time for a boyfriend right now, with the new single and the album release coming up,"