Feel My World Collapsing

tw: bullying/abuse, harassment and slurs.
_____________

    I didn't wake up in a nice, easy manner. I was deep asleep and then all of a sudden, it was like my body was yanked upward. Then my eyes were open and I was extremely bewildered. My joints hurt and I had a headache. I glanced around and my heart sped up rapidly as I tried to figure out where I was, before it all came back.

    The most amazing night of my life.

    Dylan was still asleep. I held up my phone and discovered it was six thirty in the morning. I couldn't lie here of the floor any longer, so I stood up, pulled my shark sweatshirt back over my head, and snuck out of the house as quietly as possible.

    I had a lot of feelings about last night. It was really nice of him to do that for me. I really liked him, I prayed to whatever deity  out there I wouldn't mess up this friendship somehow. If you could even call it a friendship. I didn't know what to call us, it felt like a little more than friends but he certainly wasn't in love with me. I guess friends was the closest word for it. Blue and purple.

    I was kind of scared to see what might happen when I opened the front door to my house as quietly as possible. Usually I was the first one up, Mom woke up at seven, Janet as seven thirty. If I could sneak upstairs it would be like I'd never left. Like I didn't sneak out and make a new friend who was actually the first person in years to actually care about me.

    "Where were you last night?"

    I felt chills go down my spine as Janet's voice caused my insides to freeze. I paused on the stairs, then turned around to see her standing at the bottom, arms crossed.

    I had to play it off, there was no way I could tell her about Dylan. "What do you mean? I was asleep."

    Janet scoffed. "You think I'm stupid, don't you? You think you have everyone in this house wrapped around your finger. You can't even admit you're a huge, frickin, dyke."

    She started up the stairs, taking them two by two. With my heart pounding my chest I scrambled up, three by three, trying to reach my room so I could hide behind a locked door. Where she couldn't get me. It was too late, her hand closed around my ankle and yanked my backwards. I hit the stairs painfully, whacking my jaw against the top of my mouth.  I whimpered and curled from the agonizing pain shooting through my whole body. I must've bit my tongue because there was blood dribbling from the corner of my mouth.

    Janet's hand slammed down right next to my head. She leaned down over me, getting so close to my face that I could smell her rancid breath. It mixed with the metallic blood-taste coming from my mouth and I was ready to throw up.

    "Me and my friends waited for you outside your room for you too come back from wherever you go when you sneak out. We were going to give you some discipline. A lesson on, curfew." She pronounced each syllable of curfew so violently that her spit landed in my face.

    I must've looked shocked because she laughed.

    "Yeah that's right, I know all about your little nightly vacations."

    "I don't know what you're t-taking about." God, my heart was beating so hard in my chest, I could barely breath, and blood dripped out of my mouth when I talked.

    She was scaring me. I had never seen her like this. I had no idea what she might do to me. I don't even know if Mom could stop her.

    "Shut up." She growled underneath her breath. "You know I ended up waiting a few hours for you to come back. It really threw a wrench into our plans for that night. What do you have to say to that you little freak?"