Make It Up

I don't remember falling asleep. I just remember talking to Dylan late in the night to the point where things got fuzzy. I woke up in the back with Dylan circled up on the other side like normal. It was sunny in the morning. It all came flooding back all of a sudden will a dull ache from my abdomen. Oh God.

    "Hey." Dylan rolled over, wry much awake. "Good morning."

    I pressed my hands to the side of my face. "Ugh."

    "You good?" He asked, concerned.

    "I'm fine." I sighed. "It's just... I'm sorry about freaking out last night. I understand if you want to... part ways or something...It's stupid I know-"

    "Hold on." Dylan just about scoffed. "What are you talking about?"

    I felt my face heat up. "I just... it's embarrassing. I... you shouldn't have to go through all that because I can't deal with a little dysphoria-"

    "Whoa whoa whoa." He cut me off, pushing himself up on his elbows. "That's not true at all."

    "It isn't...?" I pulled my knees up to my chest.

    "No!' He laughed. "Just because it's hard to deal with kind of stuff now doesn't mean you can't get better at it, and just because you might need a little help means nothing. If anything, I'm the most qualified person you know to talk to."

    Ah, well now I just felt more embarrassed. "Yeah I guess...I guess you're right."

    I glanced away at the window, feeling kind of stupid now. I heard him shift around behind me and was just about to climb out when all of a sudden, his arms closed around me, and lifted me up.

    "Wh-what?" I yelped, as I achieved liftoff.

    "Calm down." He laughed, sliding out of the car.

    I clawed at his neck, attempting not to fall out because he obviously has never carried another human being before. I also screeched indignantly because someone please show me where I signed up for this.

    He kicked up the passenger door and set me down. I sat there, dazed, then he came back with the blanket from the back and he threw it over me.

    "What are you doing?" I demanded form under the blanket.

    "Making you all comfy." He explained, smirking slight as he pulled it off my head. "Just relax today, you deserve it."

    To my surprised he leaned down and kissed my forehead. Then patted my awkwardly because we both seemed to realize what he did and he laughed it off. Seeming to all the world like the biggest dork to exist and walk upon the earth.

    The he appeared on the other side and hopped into the car.

    "Well... let's get going, shall we? I gotta find something to make it up to you."

    I was still red as heck but luckily if I leaned to the left a bit the blankets covered my face. "Make it up to me?"

    "Yeah." He nodded slowly. "You had a really bad day, so I'm going to find something to make it up."

    I sat there in silence, all bundled up, with my face red from blushing and realized I was very much having feelings for this boy.