Dylan Has Plans

When I opened my eyes again Dylan was already awake and swiping through his phone.

"Hey." He nodded.

I nodded and starting getting ready for the day. Dylan jumped into the driver's seat.

"You drove yesterday." I insisted, folding my hands.

"I have... plans." He said slowly. "For lunch, but we have to stop a few places first."

"Okay..." I climbed back into the passenger's seat. "Any hints?"

"Nope." He smirked.

I frowned as we pulled into the drive-through of a fast food restaurant. Which was okay with me because we had a small dinner yesterday and it was almost lunch time. Dylan ordered for me, because he was kind like that and new I hated it. The only special thing from the whole ordeal was the lady from the window used sir and that was the first time in forever I had heard that. My chest glowed warmly as I pawed through the paper bags.

"Where else are we going?" I asked, as he parked.

"Some groceries. It's less related to my surprise but we do need food for the next few days. We'll be crossing another stretch of desert and then hopefully we'll almost be there." He hummed merrily, getting out of the car.

That thought struck me hard as we walked through all the aisles of food. We were almost there. A few days away at most. That was absolutely terrifying. As the weight of the basket I was holding increased so did the pressure on my chest. This was such a stupid idea, it was literally the dumbest thing we could do. What were we going to do when we got there? Just show up and invite ourselves in? We didn't even know where there was, we had no idea where we were going and we couldn't live like this forever. It was all nice and happy now but how long would that last? What if Dylan wanted to leave me? What if Dylan wanted to leave me?

"You okay Att?" Dylan asked.

"Um... yeah just tired." This was just going to pass in a few minutes there was no use in bothering him.

"Oh okay." He looked unconvinced. "Do you want to go find someplace to shower now? There's maybe a-"

"No." I snapped.

His eyes widened in slight surprise. I felt guilty, I didn't mean for it to come out so forcefully.

"Sorry, I mean I don't really want to think about my body right now." I said.

Dylan nodded in understanding. "Fair, we don't have to do that right now. We can just focus on the present."

"Dylan." I forced out slowly. "What about the future? I mean we have some plans but what are we going to do when we get there? What if my dad doesn't want to see me?"

He frowned, staring at me in a more concerned manner. "Atticus, that's going to be just fine. If you're dad doesn't want to see you I'll personally beat up anyone who tries and stop us."

That made me smile just a little bit. "Yeah. Yeah you're right."

"You're darn right I'm right." He grinned. "Come cheer up! Think about all the possibilities there are for my surprise."

Oh right, his surprise. That was a little more comforting. We purchased out groceries and left the store. Though when I climbed back into the car Dylan appeared in my window.

"What is that?" I asked when I was the piece of cloth in his hands.

He looked sheepish. "A blindfold! I swear this'll make it ten times better."

"You're going to blindfold me." I repeated dryly.

"Do I have your permission sir?" He bowed slightly.

"Uh, I guess."

I grinned despite myself because the whole thing was very silly. I partly couldn't believe he was doing his and partly loved him more for doing so. Who does this? I mean how lucky was I? I got to be here, in the front row, always spending time with this dork and his over the top plans to make me happy. Dylan has plans and he wants to spend them with me, apparently. I don't think there's anything more to life than that.

I love him so much.

"You know this opens a whole other world of guesses I have for what you're planning."

"Oh, shut up." He shoved my shoulder lightly and started the car.

Then we were off.