Full Circle

Dylan was kissing me.

I couldn't even register what was happening for a moment. It all happened so fast. His lips were pressed up against mine and it was such a soft movement filled with incredible fear and longing. I forgot about the rest of my body as I closed my eyes. My legs were numb, chills ran down my spine, my fingers were cold and Dylan's face was so warm. This was all I ever wanted and more.

He leaned back and it hadn't been long enough. I had barely started to enjoy it. I stared at him, speechless and dumbfounded. Dylan however looked terrified, his hands shook even though his face was flushed a bright red.

"Oh." I mumbled out, finding no other words.

What a dumb thing to say. The boy of my dreams just kissed me and that's the best I could come up with? I had been waiting for this for months and that's the only thing I could think of?

To make things even better Dylan started to cry a little, he forced out a tiny laugh in embarrassment. "Oh God, sorry. I'm not sad I'm just freaking out a little. I'm also sorry for kissing you I mean I didn't even ask and it was a stupid thing for me to do-"

I reached forward, spurred with god-like confidence and reached my hands around the back of his head and kissed him again. I finally got to curl my fingers into his hair like I had been waiting ever so long to do. His sighed through his nose and I felt his tears against my cheek. It was so good and sweet and I never wanted to let go of him. I just wanted to stay here and kiss him until we both wasted away.

Eventually Dylan leaned back and gasped. "Att?"

"Yeah?" I breathed out.

He glanced up at me. "I... um. I mean I thought this was my confession for a little bit but now I guess we have to decide who goes first."

I laughed. "You go."

He nodded. "Okay um. I've had a crush on you since long before we met. I didn't stalk you or anything I just noticed you in the background. It really threw me for a loop for a bit because I'm positive I'm not attracted to girls, you know. Then we finally crossed paths and everything started to make sense and every day I spent with you was so great. I guess I started to fall in love because when you threatened to leave, it scared me more than anything has ever scared me before."

His voice cracked up again like a gently tapped hardboiled egg. "Oh no, here I go again."

"Hey it's okay." I said to him as gently as I could.

I grabbed his hand and held it in mine tenderly, because I can do that now. That's right, time to abuse my new title as someone who Dylan Clark was interested in romantically.

"Yours is better than mine," I chuckled. "You've just been unbearably cute this whole time and I couldn't help it."

"Oh, stop it."

He was grinning, I was grinning. Were we in love? Probably. There's definitely a good chance.

I smirked. "Never."

Dylan smiled and sighed happily and laid back into the grass, patting the ground next to him. I shifted to lie down next him and he glanced over at me with this strange happy look in his eyes. He pushed the hair away from eyes and leaned in to kiss me again, which I gladly reciprocated. Then he grinned again, and I noticed he had a little gap in his teeth.

"Does that mean I can officially ask you out now? Because most of my planned outings have been like, date ideas but I didn't know if you liked me so they weren't like "date" dates, but man, I'd redo them all if it means I can do it with my boyfriend."