Cheetos at Ten O'clock in the Morning

When I woke up I realized for the first time in weeks I hadn't some sort of weird nightmare that I forgot in the morning and left me with an uncomfortable feeling all day. In fact, the last night I stayed over at Dylan's it didn't happen too. Huh. I guess this was a sign I was less stressed or something. I had fallen asleep facing outward and sat up, glancing around outside at the frosted windows and the shining sun. I had a slight moment of panic when I remembered school, then smiled as I realized part of running away was not going to school anymore. Joy.

    "Sorry." Dylan mumbled, rolling over. "It got kind of cold overnight."

    "I like it cold." I assured.

    He blinked up at me, nodding. "Mm hm, figured. Me too."

    Of course. He was blue, blue people naturally aligned with briskness. Dylan sat up and rubbed his face, his hair was a wild blue mess and I think I noticed for the first time the slight brush of freckles on his cheeks. All in all, not a morning person.

    "I say we get into a new set of clothes, then find a gas station and fuel up with both gas and food. Then we head for Oregon." He offered.

    I nodded. "Right the P.O. box."

    Then I smiled, because even if it wasn't top surgery, a binder was pretty darn close. I could wait to stop slouching over every time I went out in public. I had a horrible posture because of it.

    "Crap." Dylan's hand went to his chest. "Ah man. I got so caught up in last night's shenanigans I forgot to take mine off. Golly, no wonder my back hurts."

    "I'll allow you to get changed first then." I rolled my eyes and clicked open the back of the car. "Do I have to be the one to tell you to take a break or-"

    "Oh no I'll take a break...um... you think I could borrow your hoodie again?" He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

    "Of course. By all means keep it. I've got tons."

    I guess he pictured that in his head or something because he smiled equally as sheepishly when I closed the back door back over him. A few seconds later he appeared, clad in new shorts and a dark blue MCR hoodie. Then I changed, and we were off down the road.

    "This whole place is so bizarre at this hour." Dylan muttered as we watched an employee refill a slushy machine in a local gas station. "I've never seen those things filled up before. I think we have to get one now."

    I looked over from the wide array of "breakfast" item, from which I think I was going to choose a bag of Cheetos. "Huh, true."

    We kindly waited until he was done refilling it before acquiring our slushees. It was around nine in the morning but Dylan had convinced me this was a good idea. He got a blue one (again, fitting) and I got cherry, lemon, and raspberry but stacked it up so it made the pansexual flag, because I'm cheesy like that.

    "Hey look." I turned to show Dylan.

    I glanced over to see he was already at the counter, and there was pack of cigarettes on the counter next to his slushee and our snacks. I frowned.

    He laughed. "You're pan? Nice."

    I pointed at the pack. "You smoke?"

    The money left his hands before I could really stop it. Dylan's smiled faltered upon my question. We grabbed our stuff and left the building.

    "Are you going to answer my question?" I asked him again, trying my best to look as disapproving as possible.

    He shrugged uncomfortably. "It's not a big deal."