Somepony to lean on

Fluttershy had trouble handling the baby the first few nights, Twilight came over to help, and get Fluttershy used to the new routine. "Hush now quiet now...." Fluttershy sang, as she shut her eyes, Fluttershy mumbled "my little Rose..." This was the 3rd night, that baby was only awake for small periods of time to eat, drink, play, and then sleep again. Fluttershy decided to name her Briar Rose, but plain Rose or plain Briar worked out just as well. Discord came over the next morning for their tea, even though Fluttershy stated the baby was a handful. When he came over, he had a hoof-stitched blanket, a pot of tea with wings, and a little knit hat. When Fluttershy answered he door with Briar cradled in her arms, Discord handed out the blanket, it was light blue, the color of Rose, with pink flowers and flowers with rainbow petals. It had pink tassels along the edges. He held it out "Rarity helped me make it." Fluttershy was so happy "Thank you so much! She will love it." Discord smiled "it's a thin quilt so she won't get to hot, but it will keep some heat in." He set tea cups on the table, and the tea pot used its magical wings to fly over onto the table, and Discord poured him and Fluttershy a teacup. He then set the hat down "The hat was store bought, but it's pink, so.. I found it fitting?" Fluttershy giggled "I love it, it will go nicely with the cradle the Apples gave me. Mind holding Rose for a second? She's  practically asleep, I have to get her her bottle." Discord smiled "sure!" Little Rose was sniffling, Discord held her close, making sure not to drop her. Fluttershy came back with the bottle, "do you wanna feed her?" She asked. "No thank you, I think her cuteness might kill me if I hold her any longer." Fluttershy let out a laugh "yes she does seem to have that affect on ponies." Fluttershy took her back and fed her the milk, Discord sipped his tea. "So, I heard Pinkie will be coming later this week to help with Briar?" "Yes, I have a dentists appointment this Friday, and I needed some pony to babysit." Discord nodded  "but are you sure she won't be any trouble when you take her to the market tomorrow?" "Oh no, she won't be a huge fuss, it shouldn't cause a scene." As Rose shut her eyes, Fluttershy went to put her to bed, and grabbed the blanket from the table, she went upstairs and when she placed the blanket over her, all she could see was Rainbow Dash, the way she giggled, her rough mane. Fluttershy felt a tear roll down her cheek as she left Rose in the safety of her crib. Closing the door softly, Fluttershy couldn't help but think she had done something wrong.