Chapter Nine

My breathing got caught in my throat. He just said that he loved me. He was looking at me intently; I looked at the floor and played with my fringe. “Well, what do you say?” his voice husky and rough.  “Liam….I’m with Harry….and you know that…” My voice was really quiet; Liam scoffed and backed up into the counter. “Harry is just a player. You know that.” I couldn’t believe him. He was saying this about his best friend and my boyfriend. “Liam, Harry is not a player.” He just glared at me, “Clarissa just face it. You know he is. You’re just too scared to admit it so you pretend he’s not.” Okay now this was going too far. Who was he to tell me who I can date? I pointed my finger at him, “How dare you say that! I am not scared! I’m not a little girl any more Liam I can take care of myself. I don’t need you to protect me.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him, I could feel his hot breath on my face, feel the beating on his heart. That’s how close we were standing and I defiantly wanted to get away from him. “You don’t know Harry like I know him and I know for a fact that he is just using you to get good media attention and to make me jealous. He knows that I love you.” I didn’t want to hear this. Not today. Not any day. I started to cry and tried to pull away from him but he kept his grasp tight. “Liam let me go…” I said sniffling and tugging. “No. Not until you hear what I have to say.” He gripped my wrist tighter, making me gasp out in pain. More tears spilled out of my eyes in pain and the hurt in my heart. I didn’t want to listen to Liam. I won’t believe him. I love Harry and he loves me. I tried to pull away again, “Liam please let me go you’re hurting me.”  He was still glaring and then realised what was happening. He let go of my wrist and I fell back into the counter. I grabbed my wrist and rubbed it carefully. “Hey Clair, I just got a text from Ray she’s bringing Freya and Jessica.” Said Amber walking into the kitchen and looking between us,  I nodded my head, “Okay, I’ll be out in a minute.” I said and looked at Liam, We’ll discuss this later. I told him with my eyes. He nodded then walked out of the kitchen. “You okay?” Said Amber placing her arm around me, I smiled a small convincing smile. “Yeah,  I just can’t wait till the girls get here.” And with that I walked into the bedroom to get changed.

Freya is the hyper one in the group, so when she jumped out of the car she ran straight towards me, her long straight brown hair flying around her. Her hair reminds me of Bridget out of The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. She finds everything funny and doesn’t stop laughing but when she’s upset she gets really depressed and serious. She’s the oldest out of the group of 5 girls. She’s 19 and we’re all 16. Well I’m not just yet. I’m going to be turning 16 next month. Actually just Frey herself reminds me of Bridget. Just a Bridget with long brown hair instead of blonde. And then there’s Jessica who is like Freya’s twin except Jess has really short dirty blond hair. The one thing they share in common is their craziness and hyper activeness. “Oh MY GOD! Clair I haven’t seen you in forever!” She said gripping me in a bear hug.  I laughed and tried to keep my sore wrist away from the attack. “Yeah it’s been quite a while hasn’t it?” I saw her eyes flicker towards Amber and her mouth dropped open. I followed her gaze to see that Amber had walked out with the guys. I adverted my eyes from Liam and found Harry’s instead. His smile made me feel safe even if I wasn’t touching him. “Freya, Rayne, Jessica…this is Harry, Niall, Louis, Zayn and….Liam…” The three girls just stood there staring until they all squealed out loud and started jumping up and down acting crazy. We just laughed at them. They finally collected themselves and took deep breaths. “I’m Rayne.” She said stepping forward and flicking her red hair out of her face. I saw Niall smile at her and she blushed like mad, Harry being Harry made it more awkward. He picked her up in a hug and spun her around, she giggled like mad and then he placed her down and planted a kiss on her cheek. “Hi there love, I’m…you know.” He walked over to a very pissed off Niall; Harry laughed and patted his back.