Chapter Seventeen (FINAL)

Clarissa’s POV

I ran and I ran until my lungs burned for oxygen. But I still ran, letting the pain engulf me and take me away. I don’t want to feel all of this! Why! Why did I do that? I hate it! I couldn’t see anything but I knew that I was on the dirt road near the tree line that would lead to the highway and then I can make my way home from there.  His face keeps rolling across my eyes, blocking out everything. I can’t see anything but his face and how much hurt and pain he’s in. I’m so stupid! I had everything! A boy who told me I was beautiful and that he loved me and then with just one kiss I ruined it! I ruin everything!

I finally decide to rest. I found a small diner and went into the bathroom and cleaned off my ruined makeup and dirt and grime. I sat in a stall, locking the door, and sat with my back against it looking at the germ covered toilet. My eyes were heavy but still raw with tears; I let out a rib shattering sob and hugged myself from the damp, cold tiles that lay on my skin. My eyes start to droop more and finally...welcomed darkness takes me away...

I see myself... later on in life...alone...huddled in a corner... crying...crimson stains on my sleeves, tears falling like raindrops. I see myself pick up a switchblade sitting on the floor beside me and bring it to a damp patch on my sleeve, granting the pain as its ugly head comes out...for a moment....I feel at peace...until reality comes and I realise that the pain is only a drug...it wears off after a while. Well what can you do that will make the pain last forever and bring the peace back? I thought to myself as I pulled myself off the floor. I looked at my face in the mirror one last time, taking in the face that was no longer mine. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I took it out and it was a message from Amber.

Good luck trying to find new friends now. You’re life will never be the same again! I hope you die a lonely life because that’s all you deserve after destroying three lives already! Harry is never going to forgive Louis, Louis is never going to forgive himself and I’m never going to forgive you or Louis. You split up One Direction! I hope fans hate on you so bad that you want to crawl in a hole and die! Have fun in life babe!

I let out another sob and started to text her back.

I know that I’m not going to find anymore friends and frankly I don’t want any at the moment. I do deserve to die a lonely death because I don’t deserve to be loved. I know I’ve ruined everything and I am so sorry. I think I might take up your offer on the last thing as well...So...see you around, Goodbye.

I sent the message then left my phone on the sink and ran out of the toilets. I called a cab to take me back to the house we were staying at with the boys...it hurt too much to think about them...

                                                                          *6 Weeks later*

*Harry’s POV*

I sat on the bathroom floor looking at the knife in my hands, I haven’t done it yet but I want to...but I can’t bring myself to do it...What am I gonna do! This pain is just unbearable! I can’t think straight! I need to forgive Louis...He’s always going to be there for me...Clarissa is just some girl I met...there’ll be others...better girls...one’s that don’t kiss your best friend...I looked at the knife again and ran my finger across the blade. It was slightly blunt. Perfect for more pain, makes the cut hurt more. I was about to bring it to my wrist when Louis walked in. “Harry, what are you doing!” He screamed at me and grabbed the knife off me and threw it away, he cupped my face in his hands forcing me to look at him, I just want to sleep Louis...leave me alone... I thought as my eyes began to droop and my head went slack, “Harry! Wake up!” He slapped my cheek, my eyes fluttered open, and fixed on his face, “Harry, what did you do? What did you take?” Louis said, his voice cracking and eyes tearing up, I lifted up the bottle of sleeping pills that my stepdad takes and put it in his hand, a tear slid down his cheek, “Harry...why? Why did you do this?” He said and rested his head against my shoulder, “My life holds no meaning...He shook his head and let out a quick sob, “You’re life had meaning to me...and to the three other people outside who love you with all their heart. How can you not see that?” I looked at him as my head flopped to the side and cleared my throat, “I was going to write a letter to you...Would you like to hear it?” He nodded his head and more tears fell, “Here it is.” I said, he gripped my hand tightly and curled up to me, lying on my chest as I put my arm around his waist.