Chapter 27

T: Gauri, I know the true reason why you gave this needle and lied to everyone that you were engaged to Omkara.

O(thinking): What is happening here? Is she working with Tej?

T: I know Om you are confused but you need to know the truth.

G(Looking down): I think it is better you guys discuss this together... (Looking at Om with tears in her eyes) as a family...

Gauri walks out and Om looks at her.

T: As soon as I collapsed the only person who ran to me and supported me was Jhanvi.

J: Tej...

T: Svetlana did not even care about me. She just stood there thinking what to do to get my money and Gauri's trick made me realize that I was going the wrong way to get true love.

J: But, why did Gauri say that she was engaged to Om?

O: I have made a big mistake.

Om runs out of the room and the entire family looks at him in surprise. As Om enters the room, he can see Gauri packing her clothes in her bag.

O: Where are you going?

G: Somewhere

O: But where?

G: Why do you care where this home wrecker goes?

O: Gauri, I misunderstood you. I should not have said what I said

G: Om, I trusted you as my friend. You were the closest relationship I ever had after my brother but you just destroyed it in a second. I wanted to protect you from...

O: Svetlana. After she realized that my father is useless, she wanted to go after me... marry me for the money. You had to lie about the engagement just so she can leave the entire family.

G: Marry you.... Well, you only know half the story. That chandelier... do you think such things just accidentally fall for no reason. Svetlana tried to kill you and that is when I decided that I should protect you.

O: I... never knew that. Why did not tell me this before?

G: It is because of your anger and your emotions. You do not understand how to control it. You just see what is in front of you, make ridiculous assumptions and hurt everyone around you. I am leaving, Omkaraji. Please let me go.

Gauri walks away with her bag.

O(Thinking): Omkaraji... Gauri.... I made a mistake of leaving that Gauri in Bareilly and now I cannot make the same mistake with this Gauri.

Om walks up to Gauri and grabs the bag.

G: Give me the bag, Om.

O: No, come with me.

G: No, I will not.

O: Fine then... you will not listen right?

Om lifts up Gauri in bridal style. Gauri looks at Om and Om looking straight with confidence. She remembers her marriage with Omkara and all her pheres.

G (With anger): Omkara! Let me down now!

O: Gauri?

G: I said let me down now!