Chapter 32

O: I want all the footage and photographs destroyed now. I do not care if it was taken during the exhibition but everything should be given to me RIGHT NOW!

M4: But we took those photos.

O: But, you took photos of my family. I said NOW!

All the photographers place their equipment and notes on the floor. Then, Om takes a match and lights it on fire.

O: I need to destroy this to make sure nothing leaks out. I am sorry so please tell Khanna the total costs and I will compensate you the next day.

Om turns around and heads up the stairs. He turns around facing media.

O: BUT... If any of this information, more specifically about Gauri, I will hunt down that little ba****D and make sure that the entire company closes down. Then you do not have to worry about finding news because you will be too occupied searching for a job.

He heads up the stairs. He opens the door. The room was pitch dark and there Gauri was standing by the window, weeping.

G(thinking): Why does this always happen to me? Maybe if I did not....

O(thinking): No

Om runs up to Gauri, grabs her by her arm and pulls her away from the window. Gauri lands on the bed.

O: Are you crazy?

G: Crazy?...

O: How can you give up so easily? This is your life so you decide what to do. Who are they to influence your life?

G: Give up....

O: You were attempting to suicide. You were by the window and saying what if I did not...

G: Yh, what if I did not come to this house then the entire family would not have been embarrassed by me. You would happily introduced your artwork and celebrate it in the first place.

O: But then I would not have had a piece in the first place if you were not here.

G: Who said I was attempting to suicide? For all the pain that I faced in my life, I would have died a long time ago. My parents died, my... he left me (Flashback to Om leaving), the acid attack, my brother's death... Do you know how much it hurts? Just when I start to forget the pain, something else happens and I fall deeper into that hall. 

Om looks at her.