Chapter 37

It is 10 in the morning. Shivika, Rudra and Omkara are in the room with t
Gauri on the bed with the doctor by her side.

D: So, Gauri, are you ready? We are going to take off your bandages today. We will first start off with your face and then finally your eyes.

G: Omkaraji

She taps on the bed.

G: Can you sit here?

Om sits down on the bed by her side.

O:Gauri, are you scared? The surgery is done Gauri so do not worry.

G: You remember the promise right?

Om nods.

R: What promise?

O: She wants to see him first.

A: Gauri, what about us? Are we not that important?

G: No, Annika. You all do but the truth is that I met all of you through Om so even though you are all important, Omkaraji has a special place in my heart.

Shivaye looks at Om.

S(thinking): I hope you understand what I mean.

G: I respect him as a friend.

O(thinking): See Shivaye. We are just friends. Friends.

The doctor first start unwinding the first set of bandages. 

Gauri nervously holds Om's hands.

Then, he starts from bottom up. As he opens the cheek, you can see Gauri's white cream like skin. And, then her pink lips are revealed. He instantly gets flashbacks of Gauri, the time when she prayed at the Dargah for his life. The instant he opened his eyes, he sees her praying for her. And then, her nose.

O(Thinking): No, it cannot be her.

G: Omkaraji...

Om remembers the time Gauri screamed OMKARA!!

He lets go of her hand and off the bed. He steps back to the wall and watches. 

O(Thinking): It... is her... It is Gauri Kumari Sharma. But, she never told me that. She never told me about Kali. That mean she faced all these problems because of me... She suffered because of me... She cried because of me... She lost her freedom, her individuality because of me... 

Om runs out of the room and they all look at him.

G: Where is Omkaraji going? Why is he acting so weird? 

D: We need to continue with this as we need to see if she got her sight back.

G: No, not without Omkaraji. I will wait until he comes.

Shivaye and Rudra steps out of the room to look for Om. They sees him sitting on the bench, his hands on his face, crying.  They place their hands on Om's head and Om looks up with his red eyes.

S: Omkara, she is waiting for you. Come inside.

O: She cannot see me. Please try to understand.

S: Omkara, what do you mean? She wants to see you first. How can you go against her wishes?

O: You are worried about not fulfilling her wishes. But, I have already destroyed her life and dreams. When you bring her home, let me know before. Please Shivaye, Gauri should not see me no matter what the situation is. 

S: Fine.