Chapter 30

Everyone gets together to open the room that will lead to Om's new art piece. Media was surrounded the entire  family and Dadi was given the scissor to cut the ribbon. She looks around. * the entire family was whispering when they had this conversation so media cannot hear them.

D: Where is She?

O: Who? Who are you looking for?

D: Who else? Your inspiration?

O: Gauri...

Annika brings Gauri to the front.

A: Here is your inspiration, Om.

D(thinking): The girl that completely changed Om. He is a different person just because of her. If only she can become Mrs. Omkara Singh Oberoi.

Dadi gives the scissor to Gauri.

D:It is only fair that you cut the ribbon.

G: No, I cannot. You are the oldest person in the family. He needs your blessings.

D: Om needs your friendship more than my blessings.

Gauri looks at the scissors and then Dadi. She takes Dadi's hands and put it over hers.

G: Om needs both, your blessings and my friendship, so both of us should cut the ribbon.

Dadi smiles and together they cut the ribbon. The media and all the attendees walk in and come out amazed at Omkara's piece.

Media: How did he think of this? His art before was just a visual piece but now it is an experience.

A: He is such a genius.

Even though everyone around him was praising but his eyes were on Gauri.

O(thinking): It is because of her I am getting all this praise. It should all go to her but she is so down to earth. She did not even want the recognition. The more she interacts with me, the more I understand her. Maybe I misunderstood that Gauri. Yes she was marrying another man as a mistress but what if she did not want to marry him.

Om remembers the time when Gauri runs away from the marriage.

O(thinking): Why would a girl run away  from her marriage if she wanted to do it in the first place?

He remembers the time when Gauri tried to explain her situation to him.

O(thinking): What was she trying to say to me? Why was I so blinded by anger that I did not even pay attention to her?

All of sudden, he hears a thud. He runs to the place where he heard the noise and it was Gauri on the floor and her niqab revealing her face. Gauri touches her legs and rubs it in pain. And then, she looks up and sees people giving her weird looks.

G(thinking): No... no... this cannot be happening.